Swompy

Insurance recommendations ( for young drivers )

Out of interest, what kinds of prices are folks paying since the premium increases?

What mods you're running would be nice as well.

well greenlight were the cheapest for me also, £302 fully comp and all the rest la la la.

my renewal has gone up to £488. engine conversion, coilovers, big brakes and alloys

my renewal went up to but I rang them up and moaned so they got me a better deal, then I rung up again because I hadn't had a confirmation email and realised I forgot I changed job and wasnt a student anymore and I went down even more again.. Thank you please. Still £350 though, standard valver though no mods

my renewal has gone up to £488. engine conversion, coilovers, big brakes and alloys

This is what I'm after. I've got engine conversion, brakes and alloys (plus some extras) and last years ins was £420, if premiums have genuinely increased by 25-40% I'm looking at over £500 now which IMO is a joke. Roll on July!

Can we add age into this, as its got to be one of the most significant factors.

I'm 26, VR6, bigger brakes, alloys, suspesnion, exhaust paying £550. (Chris Knott was £780 and Admiral £630)

My renewal came through at the same price as last year. Nothing changed but another years no claims!

Was 24 then, engine conversion, stage 4, chip, pulley, fmic, bigger brakes, coilovers, 4 branch, custom exhaust, wheels.

Would imagine it to be cheaper now im 25.

My wife had to renew on the vRS today. Chris Knott offered £480 (up from £380 last year). They wouldn't budge on that, even after getting a £330 quote from Admiral. Tried HIC after reading this thread- best they could do was £480! :(

Went back to Admiral and got a multicar quote... vRS £301, VR6 £263. All mods declared, voluntary excess of £150, protected no claims etc etc. Absolute bargain!

Only had chance to check Admiral today and I was quoted £1500 fully comp with mods declared.

earlier on in the week I check on Adrian flux's (current insurer) web site to get a rough Idea on prices and was quoted £638 by them. Then today I had a renewal remind telling me it would be £1500. Work that one out?

Will be speaking to them once I have other quote to find out whats going on with that

I went with Flux this year, £800 fully comp with mods declared. Was the cheapest i could find. 24, 3years ncb,garaged, no points