V33DUB

Exterior Door Handle - Whole thing comes out of the door!

Ello!

My drivers side door handle seems to want to part company. The whole unit is loose and if not slid towards the back of the car before opening, the whole shebang comes out of the hole in the door. How does it fix to the door? I've searched the forum and the only thing I can find is something about a white clip/clamp that attaches to the door and the handle then attaches to the clip. Sound likely or is there another solution?

I did consider investigating the fixing on the passenger side but then a little voice in my head said "if it aint broken for f**ks sake leave it alone"!!!!

Thanks as always ;)

What boost monkey says, can't remember if its passenger or drivers side but some handles are left handed thread so just check before you replace the screw, no idea why just plain stupid.

What boost monkey says, can't remember if its passenger or drivers side but some handles are left handed thread so just check before you replace the screw, no idea why just plain stupid.

Think that's completly random. On mine, both are "normal".. :-\

Think that's completly random. On mine, both are "normal".. :-\

Nope, the drivers side is threaded the other way around for some bizarre reason. All C's should be like this.

Why couldn't mine have been! I drilled mine out when i didn't know about the reverse thread as i thought the bugger had seized.

It really is pot luck, I took a drivers door handle off a 93 VR6 to put on my 95 VR6 and mine was left handed and the 93 was normal. But back on topic, either stick a screw in or tighten it up if its still there