dannyboy

Dannyboys G60 project-Now 20vT

well if people used their mirrors id go bit faster,unfortuantely they dont so i have to be mega careful at these speeds hence slowled down twice in the video

Well its that time for an oil change so bought filter and 5 litres of Liqui Moly's finest had a look under and start swearing as ive found the CV boot has ripped and spent grease everywhere. Great...

Boot kit from VW is a reasonable 20 euro including grease.Took three hours,just one of them jobs that dont seem to go right,especially when the inner joint balls fall out when checking.The fun...

And now my steering is out so ill have to get it re-alined....again. PITA

Well good news and bad news this weekend. I can confirm that I got the rev counter working on older mechanical cable speedos u have to cut the diode behind the speedo. However this puts the vss out of commission and spoiler will not work. Also if u cut this doide out the gu guages work funny when using dash illum

Two more weeks and I'm back in Europe,yeh! Can't wait to fire my baby up after five and half months of sitting.lucky my winter tyres are already on ready to take on the snow and warmer weather

well guys been a while since ive been on but ive been really busy

Only back in uk 12 hours and look what happened!!! Slimey scumbag hit my car and drove off without a note on windscreen or anything!!!

Not really bad but panel is dented and bumper has moved,What a W****r

Not good but on the flip side, you got to drive it again.

Just out of interest, why dont you run a later cluster and have the rev counter, speedo and spoiler working?

Not good but on the flip side, you got to drive it again.

Just out of interest, why dont you run a later cluster and have the rev counter, speedo and spoiler working?

Got it all working my man,wasnt really that hard to be honest just had to use msd 89-- adaptor and found the right output wire from ecu. Dont you have to do aa few mods to later cluster to get it to fit in earlier car ie. the coolant warning light,etc?

Well months fly by and decided to to ditch the "cough" ford i had in canada.

A great deal was placed in my lap and i found it impossible to refuse.As it do a 110 km commute a day i needed a 4 cylinder diesel which in Canada is hard to find at a good price in a good condition. I looked at 12 TDis in total,10 had blown turbo seals and other 2 were overpriced (£10,000 for 2009 model with 200,000 miles is normal!!!)

after long search and many miles covered looking to view them,found one 2km away! 2004 Jetta Tdi PD100(only one engine trim they get over here for that year) with the added bonus off beening manual(quite rare over here) with cruise control,leather seats etc and full service history which was verified by VW ... all for £4200 :)

Result me thinks!

Gents is with sad regret that i once more bow out to the corrado scene and has taken me long time to get over the fact that i will have to sell her due to the fact ill be moving permenantly over to Canada.

She was be sorely missed,i really wanted to ship her over but the requirement in Canada makes it quite difficult to import as it doesnt retain its original engine.

Had some awesome times in her and was even thinking about taking it apart and shipping all parts required to install in one over there,however just cant bring myself to strip a prefectly good corrado.

I will be back in the scene at some point

Wow,

Didn't see that coming,

Good luck

Thanks for all you support bryan,i wont be completely gone from the forum as ill offer help to those who need it as i have recieved over the years. Im really unhappy about doing it but theres not any real fesiable way to keep it and im deffo not going to strip it

Sad to see this mate as when i was new to the forum one of thread's i was particularly interested in was your's :(

cheers clumpy,

not selling it straight away but come decemeber it should be sold for the 3.5-4k euro mark im hoping for. Amount i spent in parts is worth more than vehicle alone but you never really make a profit on a car like this.I am vetting the buyer though,prefer a enthusiast not just selling it to some teenager to wrap it around a lampost.i will still offer my bit of knowledge out to anyone who asks in the spirit of the forum.

cheers clumpy,

not selling it straight away but come decemeber it should be sold for the 3.5-4k euro mark im hoping for. Amount i spent in parts is worth more than vehicle alone but you never really make a profit on a car like this.I am vetting the buyer though,prefer a enthusiast not just selling it to some teenager to wrap it around a lampost.i will still offer my bit of knowledge out to anyone who asks in the spirit of the forum.

In true VW nutter fashion i still own one,just a few thousand miles away right now so the bug has bitten,im infected for life

20130623_130010.jpg~original

Hi guys been a while since I've been on the forum. Just checking things out to see how guys are doing! Still have the car, finding it very difficult to get ready to put her up for sale. How you guys doing?