Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Was, Schrick VGI GB, now show us yours!

For the extra torque lower down the rev range that this inlet manifold gives, I'd happily pay out this kinda money if I had a VR6... 8
As u said if u had one !!!!
this manifold may not seem to justify it's cost to the "max power" generation,
Your words mate !!!! :D
it doesn't take a genius to work out that a Shrick manifold equipped VR will leave a non shrick VR in it's dust in real world driving
,,,duh !!! yes !!! at £1100 + a chip to make it work i would to think so !!!! :wink:
I'm not sure why you are comparing a VR6 with a 20VT, they are 2 completely different animals...
Duh !! no one is comparing Vr6 to the 20v ,If you had read what i said :? PEOPLE ARE GOING For 20v ENGINES NOW
they could always take the manifold off the car and put it back to normal and then selll the Shrick on Ebay for around what they paid for it....
What planet are u on :wink: Who is going to pay close to £1100 for a second hand manfold ??? Now as for what i said
will it turn a vr6 2.9 which is a fast car !! ,,,,and bit old hat now vr6 engines ,,not the same demand for parts ..having said that it is the engine that made the corrado what is !!!!

To sum it up the 2.9 vr6 as i have said is a very fast car ! it would be the one to have for me ,,i could not justifiy £1100 + a chip to get it to work !! if i had a non vr6 corrado

i would put a 20v in it !! P,s how much are u getting out of each manfold sold ??

*mod edit - Sorted your quotes for you to make the post readable*

You know not everyone wants a 20v turbo... because everyone is doing that mod! No offence to those that have done it to their Corrado's btw, because I know the 20v Turbo engine is a very sweet piece of kit!

And lets be honest... I still think, for my money, you can't beat the noise of the VR6 engine - it really is just so good :)

The VR6 with a Schrick VSR is a nice and reasonably rare combination and you know its a mod you can undo and sell off for nearly full price because of the demand for them. Its a nice way of enhancing your engine, whilst keeping it in reasonably standard shape.. dropping a 20vT in has then changed it totally.

Eddie - feel free to make your own choices - don't pan everyone else for making theirs.

Sorry, but my 2p is that the 20VT is a completely soulless engine. It's a 1.8, it's a four-cylinder, it's got a whirring thing attached. Great. Just like the other 200,000 cars VAG sold with the same engine this year.

I'm not questioning that it's a good engine - it's a great engine from a tuning point of view, and I'm not questioning the £/bhp part of the equation. They're also strong and reliable.

But a VR6 it isn't. The VR6 just has soo much character. Can you imagine people lusting after TVRs if they all came with 4-pot turboed engines? No, neither can I..

*THAT* is why I'm prepared to pay the thick end of £1100 for more mid-range grunt. So I can do it and KEEP the gorgeous smoothness and soundtrack that I get from my classy 6-pot engine.

(That's probably more than 2p worth. Still - it's all my opinion, so.. :) )

You know not everyone wants a 20v turbo... because everyone is doing that mod! No offence to those that have done it to their Corrado's btw, because I know the 20v Turbo engine is a very sweet piece of kit!

And lets be honest... I still think, for my money, you can't beat the noise of the VR6 engine - it really is just so good :)

The VR6 with a Schrick VSR is a nice and reasonably rare combination and you know its a mod you can undo and sell off for nearly full price because of the demand for them. Its a nice way of enhancing your engine, whilst keeping it in reasonably standard shape.. dropping a 20vT in has then changed it totally.

Eddie - feel free to make your own choices - don't pan everyone else for making theirs.

Must say your right ,,you can,t beat the sound of a vr6 ,,not to mention there a super robust engine !! :D As i have said !!! if i had a vr6 it would stay vr6 !!,,,it is the only corrado i would have !!! unless it had a 20v in it !! and i did not say every one wants a 20v engine :? This is only my opinion , every one to there own ....edd

P,s Thanks mod for the edit :wink: looks better !!

Who is going to pay close to £1100 for a second hand manfold ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2458152340

Looks like iam beat :wink: This is a big plus !!! having seen this ,,they look like a good buy :D

Sarcasm meter is off the scale!!! :p

Have you driven a VR? Do you understand the 'hole' that the Schrick fills?

Looks like iam beat :wink: This is a big plus !!! having seen this ,,they look like a good buy :D

Yes , Mike VR6 who is a member on here got a vr6 corrado last month ,,give me a drive in his ,,

I took it up my test road and give it a bit of a death !! with mike in it :wink:

must say this is the first vr6 corrado i have drove ,and it went like stink !!

Sorry but there was no flat spots in that one ,,as for understanding engines

thats what i do mate !!,,,,build, port, tune them :wink: Schrick make a good manfold

but i told him his car does not need it £1100 could be better spent !!

Tell me do u realy drive that car of yours on ???for thats how you get the most out of it !!

Eddie, sorry, but you just don't get it - the Schrick doesn't give you much more at the top of the rev range - it won't make the 0-60 any different, or the 1/4 mile times. If you're driving the car to the redline before every gear change, yeah, you are WASTING your money buying a Schrick.

But if you also drive the car normally, using the torque of the big engine at low revs, the schrick will change your life. The VR6 only develops 70% of peak torque at the 3000 rpm mark. That's a LOT of difference in a heavy car. With the schrick it will develop 105% of peak torque at the 3000rpm mark, which is a huge change in the way the engine feels...

In fact, even if you normally redline the car, you may well find that you no longer have to do that, because the engine pulls so hard from comparatively low revs, you can change up early, and still get the same 0-60...

Yes , Mike VR6 who is a member on here got a vr6 corrado last month ,,give me a drive in his ,,

I took it up my test road and give it a bit of a death !! with mike in it :wink:

must say this is the first vr6 corrado i have drove ,and it went like stink !!

Hope it was properly warmed up ;)

Sorry but there was no flat spots in that one

It's not a flat spot that we're talking about - more of a lack of torque below 3.5k revs.

as for understanding engines thats what i do mate !!,,,,build, port, tune them :wink: Schrick make a good manfold

but i told him his car does not need it £1100 could be better spent !!

How should we be spending £1,100 then?

Tell me do u realy drive that car of yours on ???for thats how you get the most out of it !!

What?

Dammit! Been following this group buy thread and I'm really really tempted, just don't know if i can justify the initial lump sum of £1100!! There are other things i planned on doing 1st, like new engine mounts and bushes all round oh and the front bearings, there's always something to spend it on I s'pose, It's bloody tempting.....

Dammit! Been following this group buy thread and I'm really really tempted, just don't know if i can justify the initial lump sum of £1100!! There are other things i planned on doing 1st, like new engine mounts and bushes all round oh and the front bearings, there's always something to spend it on I s'pose, It's bloody tempting.....

well ive been seriously recommended to get the front engine mount changed(preferably for a vibratech one) due to the increase in torque that will be produced and also cos of minor bonnet fouling issues..........so if you factor in that the initial outlay is a bit more than £1100

follow the link above and pay alot less.

(For a 2nd hand one, in fact, there's not even any indication that they have stock, so I'd give them a call if you're thinking about it. Good price tho, but don't forget import duty and VAT..)

well ive been seriously recommended to get the front engine mount changed(preferably for a vibratech one) due to the increase in torque that will be produced and also cos of minor bonnet fouling issues..........so if you factor in that the initial outlay is a bit more than £1100

Do both Roddy. Doing the front on it's own will overload the rear one and you actually get less vibration with both and you won't believe the results. No more sloppy gearchanges, no more engine rocking, smoother clutch action and better cornering.

Well worth £180 odd and an hours feckin about.

K

Do both Roddy. Doing the front on it's own will overload the rear one and you actually get less vibration with both and you won't believe the results. No more sloppy gearchanges, no more engine rocking, smoother clutch action and better cornering.

Well worth £180 odd and an hours feckin about.

K

cheers kev......think i might just do that :wink: ......i take it the rear one is around £60???

Yeah Vince charged me £90 for the front one and £64 for the rear one. I would also get the Turn2usa gearbox mount too as the 3 work together really well. The VT ones are a work of art.....too nice to fit to a car :-)

Got a questions.

As I only have a measly ported and polished vw Motorsport vsr where do I connect the vacume hose from the vacume chamber if I don't have the ABS booster feeder anymore?. I converted from rhd to lhd and the brakes system is a bit different with no slave cylinder anymore. All fully electronic

Cheers,

niko