Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Was, Schrick VGI GB, now show us yours!

Just found this on the CGTI forum. I think it's been set up by thte http://www.vr6golf.co.uk forum, thought I'd pass it on.

Vince @ Stealth Racing is offering a group buy for the Shrick Manifold for the Golf VR6.

The terms are;

1: Our price will be £1080 Inc vat but + £11.75 carriage if you wish to have it delivered to your door as opposed to collecting.

This price stands if 10-19 units are ordedered. If 20 + are ordered then the price may come down a little more

2: It is not absolutley essential that the car gets remapped (chipped) immediatley altough desirable at some point. Some cars will be better than others on the current chip. Point to look out for would be pinking at or near the 3000rpm point,(normally 75% + throttle position) this is not good, the engines do have knock sensors but if pinking is evident it means that they are just not coping. If remaps are required then I will deal with you on a one to one basis for your requiremants. Current prices are £375 + vat for a Unichip (piggy back type ECU) . This type of ECU is usefull if you intend on further mods as it can be readjusted later on at just the cost of an hour or two on the rollers. Or you can have your existing ECU remapped at £350 + vat, This is done by Geoff (ex AMD at our premises).

It's going to be difficult to get you all to chip at the same time so I will offer a discount to all manifold purchasers as and when you require. I'm not sure exactly of remap discounts at the moment but £50 off each of the above prices seems feasible.

3: If fitting of the manifold is required then we will charge £100 + vat for this service.

4: If you prefer DIY fit then I will offer technical advice to anyone who needs it, just telephone me.

5: 20% deposit will be required at time of ordering or payment in full, you choose?

Best Regards

Vince Saiya

Stealth Racing

Seems a good price considering what these go for 2nd hand on eBay!!

if i have the money i´d buy one and stick it ony ebay as brand new just to make some profit!!

guys, don't want to put you off as I think they are an awesome mod, however you could buy a decent turbo for that price!!!!! Its a lot of dosh to blow for a few BHP....just a thought from the turbo camp.. :oops:

What would a Shrick VGI normally cost?

i think there about £1250 but then you need to add vat on top of that so its a huge saving in the group buy.

it's not about the BHP, it'a about the 30lbs/ft of midrange torque it gives.

Nothing else is going to give you that for the money (except maybe nitrous).

They used to be £1750+VAT, I think they about £1450+VAT now.

Hahaha, I paid £430 for mine! :-P

Yeah they're all the same group buy. They're up to 15 now, so just need another 5 to make it up to even bigger discount!

(I'm umming and erring about this :? )

it's not about the BHP, it'a about the 30lbs/ft of midrange torque it gives.

Nothing else is going to give you that for the money (except maybe nitrous).

They used to be £1750+VAT, I think they about £1450+VAT now.

Hahaha, I paid £430 for mine! :-P

I know mate, just thought i'd voice my opnion...

I don't think I personally would pay that much for one, but i Know mine was WELL worth what I paid.

Then again, I spent £2600 on a friggin gearbox!! but I'm glad I did that instead of spending £3500 on a supercharger.

Whatever floats your boat really, I'm more into throttle response and grunt than peaky top end power and turbo lag.

Guys, I'm sure that when I asked Star Performance recently they said they would supply and fit a Shrick VSR and re-map for appx. £1,500 + VAT. I may be wrong but it may be worth giving them a call.

If so, then the group buy doesn't look that attractive.

I don't think I personally would pay that much for one, but i Know mine was WELL worth what I paid.

Then again, I spent £2600 on a friggin gearbox!! but I'm glad I did that instead of spending £3500 on a supercharger.

Whatever floats your boat really, I'm more into throttle response and grunt than peaky top end power and turbo lag.

well said, so when are you starting the 4wd conversion?

Gotta get the VR in it first. probably won't do the 4WD until next winter. I'll see this season out in 2WD first.

You don't need the remap with the VGI.

So in theory if I bought a VSR....

How easy would DIY fitment be for someone that's not attempted it before?

How much of the manifold's benefit would be lost by the lack of re-chip and RR session? (Nowhere, that I'm aware of, on the Island that has one! :roll: )

VR - from what I've read the VSR can be plumbed straight in. It works by providing more efficient cylinder fill, so there's more air pulled in at lower revs, and the ECU notices this (cos of the MAF) and adds more fuel. It won't run lean as long as your MAF is working ok. (In fact, it'll probably run slightly rich if your MAF is dead too.)

As for fitting it, well first off you need one of those damn spline keys that you can't find for less than £20 anywhere..!

Some people say the vgi doesn't fit too well under the corrado bonnet. Is this correct? I'm sure I've seen corrados with schrick manifolds :?

Guys, I'm sure that when I asked Star Performance recently they said they would supply and fit a Shrick VSR and re-map for appx. £1,500 + VAT. I may be wrong but it may be worth giving them a call.

If so, then the group buy doesn't look that attractive.

Erm, not certain how you work that one out... in this group buy it's £1080 INC VAT for the unit and £350 + for the remap. Still works out at least £200 cheaper!

Can't remember the differences in the Schrick VSR's... one is a 368 or something giving better low down torque...

Anyone know the differences & how does the VGI compare?

Dan you're thinking cams...

and it's 268 anyway.. (a 368 degree cam would be .. erm.. a circle!)

I've heard that the schrick vgi can hit the bonnet on the VRs too, under heavy load. You have cut a little bit out of one of the bonnet bracing members.

The VGI vs the VSR - who knows? Most people say the VGI is better, but it's marginal from what I've heard.