Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Was, Schrick VGI GB, now show us yours!

So just now it looks like;

Me

VR6

Kevhaywire

Joenose

Sadinn (Dunno who u are but seen yourpost on vr6golf saying you are from the corrado lot)

Anyone else?

Are they metal finished only? Would anyone be interested in a powder coating group buy?

Vince had my 16V manifold powder coated and it was exceptionally hard wearing and better looking than plain metal.

K

Im going to leave mine the way it is when I get it as ill be skint :| I want to find out about ceramic coating for the future though :-P , im guessing it wont be cheap.

Hi Guy`s...

ive just come across from the (cough!!) VR6Golf forum 8)

Iv`e just added:

kevhaywire

Tom(VR6)

Joe M

Joenose

corradovr6sc

....to the list for the schrick manifold. Is this correct, and are there any more??

:roll:

Speedo:

Deleted double post for you.

With regard to Me and Kev, you can add us to the list, but Kev has been talking to Vince and has given our names already. Vince says that as long as he gets definites, and that they pay-up :), he doesn't care where the numbers come from.

I'm pretty sure we've made the 20+ for the extra £6 off :roll:

Edit - just seen your ClubVR6 post - Can you change mine to a no logo please? I think Kev is going without logo as well but it's probably better if he confirms this.

Does anyone have a dyno plot showing standard VR6 pre- and post- Schrick installation? I'd be interested to see what it actually does in numerical terms.

Hi yeah its me - post rarely if not ever and just keep an eye out for bargains! Got a black vr that I am slowly but surely building up to a nice spec. Wasn't planning on doing the VGI thing right now, but to save myself £500 its got to be done really......

Couple of other things I need to ask about tuning/mods - do i have to do it here or somewhere else? Seems like a silly question I know but is kind of related to the VGI thing!

Cheers

Yes, what do you want to know? Resident experts are always available to answer your questions, you could also do a search using the top task bar or start a new topic.

Does anyone have a dyno plot showing standard VR6 pre- and post- Schrick installation? I'd be interested to see what it actually does in numerical terms.

I have, but not on this PC, I'll post it up later on in the week.

Speedo:

Can you change mine to a no logo please? I think Kev is going without logo as well but it's probably better if he confirms this.

Yep, Logo-less OBD1 manifold for me.......:-) Would rather not have Shrek emblazoned on my manifold.....doesn't make an already ugly manifold any prettier!

Did I miss pictures of the two? Oh yeah, and what's the solution to running the HT leads through? Is there any way of fastening them up once you get rid of the cable tidies?

Did I miss pictures of the two? Oh yeah, and what's the solution to running the HT leads through? Is there any way of fastening them up once you get rid of the cable tidies?

Yeah pictures are on the Golf forum.

I thought about this HT lead thing over the w/end, obviously no cable management can be done from above due to the bonnet clearance, so how about some plastic cable clips with a large hoop that clips onto each manifold runner?

Just a thought....

K

Can't see any evidence of clips, but the pictures I've looked at don't seem to be very close-up.

Not sure about the logo meself - I think I'd rather stick a VWM VSR logo on it.. The plain one looks very.. well plain. The one with Schrick on it looks, well.. after-market.

Damn, when is someone going to find a lorry full of VWM VSRs?? :(

I'ts not about the looks......I couldn't care less if my Schrick VGi was bright pink with flowers on it, as long as it still works the same that's fine by me,

It makes me laugh when people say they wouldn't buy one because they don't like the look of them....when simply, it's because they can't afford one. :roll:

I never said I wouldn't buy it cos of the looks... I'd rather have the VWM cos a) you don't have to take a dremel to the bonnet; b) you don't have to remove the thing to check your sparkies..

*And* I'd prefer the way it looks - more "one" with the engine.

But still, beggars != choosers.

Yeah the VSR is a tasty bit of kit but from what I've read so far, the Schrick liberates more torque and costs a lot less!

I believe the VSR was designed and sold by VW Motorsport.....which would explain the cost and rarity!

As for the sparks, just stick some platinums in there and it'll become a once every 2-3 year job......

K

Just found this on the CGTI forum. I think it's been set up by thte http://www.vr6golf.co.uk forum, thought I'd pass it on.

Vince @ Stealth Racing is offering a group buy for the Shrick Manifold for the Golf VR6.

The terms are;

1: Our price will be £1080 Inc vat but + £11.75 carriage if you wish to have it delivered to your door as opposed to collecting.

This price stands if 10-19 units are ordedered. If 20 + are ordered then the price may come down a little more

2: It is not absolutley essential that the car gets remapped (chipped) immediatley altough desirable at some point. Some cars will be better than others on the current chip. Point to look out for would be pinking at or near the 3000rpm point,(normally 75% + throttle position) this is not good, the engines do have knock sensors but if pinking is evident it means that they are just not coping. If remaps are required then I will deal with you on a one to one basis for your requiremants. Current prices are £375 + vat for a Unichip (piggy back type ECU) . This type of ECU is usefull if you intend on further mods as it can be readjusted later on at just the cost of an hour or two on the rollers. Or you can have your existing ECU remapped at £350 + vat, This is done by Geoff (ex AMD at our premises).

It's going to be difficult to get you all to chip at the same time so I will offer a discount to all manifold purchasers as and when you require. I'm not sure exactly of remap discounts at the moment but £50 off each of the above prices seems feasible.

3: If fitting of the manifold is required then we will charge £100 + vat for this service.

4: If you prefer DIY fit then I will offer technical advice to anyone who needs it, just telephone me.

5: 20% deposit will be required at time of ordering or payment in full, you choose?

Best Regards

Vince Saiya

Stealth Racing

Guts of £1100 for a nice looking manifold !!!!!

what planet are u on ???? ,,will it turn a vr6 2.9 which is a fast car !!! in

to a space ship ?? for this is what i would have to do for £1100 !!!!

no way !!! when people are going for 20v engines ,,

also will u get £1100 more for the car when u go to sell it ??

dont thinks so ,,,bit old hat now vr6 engines ,,not the same demand for parts ..

having said that it is the engine that made the corrado what is !!!! :D

Guts of £1100 for a nice looking manifold !!!!!

what planet are u on ???? ,,will it turn a vr6 2.9 which is a fast car !!! in

to a space ship ?? for this is what i would have to do for £1100 !!!!

no way !!! when people are going for 20v engines ,,

also will u get £1100 more for the car when u go to sell it ??

dont thinks so ,,,bit old hat now vr6 engines ,,not the same demand for parts ..

having said that it is the engine that made the corrado what is !!!! :D

Hummm, yes well... :roll: Where do I start? Welcome to Earth?!? :wink: :-P

For the extra torque lower down the rev range that this inlet manifold gives, I'd happily pay out this kinda money if I had a VR6... 8)

In 0-60 figures and top speed numbers, this manifold may not seem to justify it's cost to the "max power" generation, but having seen the comparative torque curves of the 2.9 VR6 with and without this manifold, it doesn't take a genius to work out that a Shrick manifold equipped VR will leave a non shrick VR in it's dust in real world driving... :wink: 8)

I'm not sure why you are comparing a VR6 with a 20VT, they are 2 completely different animals... The VR6 will ALWAYS be soooo much a smoother engine than the 20VT will be just from it's design and inherant nature, coupled with the fact that the VR6 was designed to be in the Corrado and, at the end of the day, any 20VT in a Corrado will always be a conversion with certain compromises involved... :roll:

As for your point about re-sale costs, that's not why most people here are buying the manifolds, and, even if they were concerned about the aftermarket implications, they could always take the manifold off the car and put it back to normal and then selll the Shrick on Ebay for around what they paid for it.... :roll:

P.S. To anyone with 20VT conversions, I'm not having a dig at you, I love the 20VT conversions and have been mega impressed with the ones I've seen, I'm just pointing out some facts about engine swaps that needed to be highlighted to illustrate my point... 8)