Danny B

Check out my new motor.....

Morning all,

Well I thought I would do some blatant showing off as I have finally found and bought an S4 ......:dance:

It took 6 months and much deliberation but I finally decided to take the plunge......it's a B6 with the 4.2 V8 and its great to drive. Loads of in gear performance with deceptive pace. It only has 37k on the clock, with full Audi history (I know thats not necessarily a good thing :bonk:) and half leathers.......body work is mint and so is interior.

To be honest the decision was mostly down to not wanting to get rid of the rado, so having found a garage to sit her for a while I'm happy on all fronts.

Anyway, what do you all think - I know the seats wont be to all tastes :p

Cheers lads......all seat comments welcome - trust me they are nicer in real life Gaz ;)!!

On a side note I'm finding the Audi forums nowhere near as friendly/forthcoming as here, having only really used the CF as a car forum for the past 5 years i just assumed all forums where the same ......not so apparently - so I'm staying here for the time being :smug:

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Lovely car, what kind of mpg can you expect from one of those?

In short not much.......got around 27mpg on the M1 on the way home the other day and closer to 18mpg around town at the moment - I keep having to tell myself I didnt buy it to save the planet or my bank balance in all honesty.

Beautiful. REALLY would like to own something like this one day. Be interested to hear how you get on with it from a maintenance costs point of view!

Beautiful. REALLY would like to own something like this one day. Be interested to hear how you get on with it from a maintenance costs point of view!

Don't Jim, before I bought it someone told me they have similar running costs to a Porsche which I kind of strugged off to be honest, but I'm expecting large bills really.

For example, had to buy two new front tyres this week - which I obviously knew before I bought it - problem is there are vicious rumours (created by Audi I would presume) that you shouldnt change just two at a time with the quattro system - you should change all four. I have a reciept in the history of two tyre changes in the past, both of which are for FOUR tyres totalling £800 :suprised: ....... so after much deliberation with my local tyre guy I decided to do all four with some Kuhmos for £475 - if I had done it with the original bridgestones it would have been an £800 bill.......ouch.

Dont get me wrong I was well aware this car is going to cost me, but sometimes the things you think are simple have a habit of smacking you in the face :lol:

Danny i believe those viscious rumours are true with a 4wd system. Change all 4 tyres at the same time. Not 100% sure why though.

Yeah I changed all four anyway mate.........apparently its all to do with the rolling raduis of the tyres - if they are too far apart from back to front it will damage the centre diff.

Been reading a lot about it recently and it divides opinion massively.

Danny i believe those viscious rumours are true with a 4wd system. Change all 4 tyres at the same time. Not 100% sure why though.

The halex system malfunctions if the tyres are not same diameter,cause the wheel sensors senses rear wheels is spinning faster than front ones or vise versa.so its aways trying to send power back and forward constantly.halex system starts overheating.

Well as a mood point I posted a similar thread on Audi Sport and so far nadda response......makes me laugh and smile that you guys are more interested even though its not even an Audi forum........anyway not going to say anymore about it now :silent: !!

:thumbleft:........

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

oh,cracking motor danny.Wish i had the dosh to afford one ! :roll:

Cheers fella :)

funny is was looking S4s and RS4 today at the posibility of shoehorning one of these into my other rado with rear wheel drive.Not a V8,but still the same bad boy attiude!

I'm not technically gifted enough to tell you if that would work or not buddy, but I'm presuming you will need a bloody big shoe horn to do that.......isnt there someone else on here that's putting a VAG V8 in a corrado :scratch:

ill get it to work,i just have to keep saving.Requires quite a bit of fabrication but not impossible.Im pretty sure someone out there has tried this before.

whats the torque like on that V8? bet it puts a smile on your face when you floor it and taken off when you look at the fuel guage afterwards

That will be the lovely Mikkijane !

I'am liking your new Audi,

Thats the one....

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

ill get it to work,i just have to keep saving.Requires quite a bit of fabrication but not impossible.Im pretty sure someone out there has tried this before.

whats the torque like on that V8? bet it puts a smile on your face when you floor it and taken off when you look at the fuel guage afterwards

Yeah its pretty emmense from 2k rpm to 4k rpm .......don't really need to push it more than that !!!

Learning to ignore the fuel guage : luckly, unlike the rado, it 'bings' when its thirsty.

Thats the one....

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Yeah its pretty emmense from 2k rpm to 4k rpm .......don't really need to push it more than that !!!

Learning to ignore the fuel guage : luckly, unlike the rado, it 'bings' when its thirsty.

:lol: Wish i had a warning tone for the rado when my wife drives it,her excuse for running out off petrol is "No light came on!" or "it didnt make noise to warn me!".Women :roll: