Andi

Forum upgrade 11-Jun-2011 - FEEDBACK

Hi all,

I've just upgraded the forum to the latest version of vBulletin, which involved quite a large amount of changes to CSS files (which deal with layout of the site) and also a new editor for postings. I've tested these in Chrome and IE, and all seems well. But if you see anything weird going on, please let me know in here and post a screenshot if possible.

Thanks!

The mobile theme is dyer on my iPhone, really slow, pages don't load etc... Has this been updated as part of the upgrade?

When are you talking about - just now, or previously?

Part of the upgrade we completely reset the Mobile theme back to its defaults. Seems in the past upgrades it got a little corrupted.

I'll retest now, it's never worked well since it went live. Find myself using tapatalk more and more :-)

Cool, thanks.

I use Tapatalk myself, anyway.. :)

I don't get the mobile theme at all anymore? :-) I love tapatalk but has a few annoying quirks, mostly around viewing attachments, or rather the lack of... Also been getting a few error messages prior to today with permissions / connection errors but that seems ok now!

Hold on, just investigating :)

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

VR6Pete try now?

Seems to be working OK for me at the moment.. nice and speedy too :)

Have added Google's "+1" favouriting / bookmarking button to each thread and post.

Enabled 'Twitter' ID information and a 'Follow Me' link for your Profiles.

Currently no plans, as Subscribers are clicking on them as well as Regular members - and the clicks all help with the cost of running the site.

I don't feel they are as obtrusive as other forums who put them in between actual posts, etc. And sometimes they're quite useful as relevant to the thread you're reading...

The adverts for Insurance certainly get a lot of click-throughs.

So if I just click on an advert link without taking it any further does it help the forum?

So if I just click on an advert link without taking it any further does it help the forum?

Yes, clicking on an advert gets me a few pence. Every little helps!

And to whoever is bored and is "+1"ing every post, that's not really the point... lol! :)

+1 is Google's version of Facebook's "Like" (which, of course, is also supported on here).

Any and all exposure to the social networks will hopefully link some of you as friends outside of the forum, but may also introduce others to the site: win win.

ah i'll get advert clicking then and just closing them :D :D :D Everyone should be doing this!

Ive got used to the forum now. My ONLY issue is the "your posts" button missing - was looking for a front spoiler thread id posted in a week ago and wanted to give peeps an updated, but couldnt find it anywhere. If the "your posts" button was there id have found it :(

???

Click on your username, then click 'View Forum Posts'.

Sorry, thought everyone had worked that one out... ;)

What is it with the search. Its constantly saying, 'sorry no matches found'. Thats with terms like 'oil' and 'vr6'. Am I missing something, its been unusable for me since the original upgrade

There's probably a minimum number of letters to search on, try using better key words.

There's probably a minimum number of letters to search on, try using better key words.

Yes, I think you are right, 'Quantum Oil' returns loads of hits. Now there's the problem that I can't see my own advert in the classifieds section, its there under, my classifieds, but doesn't appear when I search in the 'Corrado VR6' for sale section. I have no confidence that anyone can actually see the advert. Most Frustrating!