carrots

brake pipes

hi my last mot they said my front metal brake pipes where rusty,mot is due again soon so i thought i would get um changed.ive got the brake pipe flareing tool,a brake pipe cutter.just wondering if its worth buying a bending tool.i dont want to use the copper pipe,i want the nickle type as i think it looks beter but was told its harder to bend.

Never used a bending tool in my life! :p Go slow and careful and do little bits at a time and you can do 2" radius bends by hand :)

what about a vice to hold the flareing tool.its a cheap draper un,theres a lot the same as it on ebay but diff makes.just want to make sure ive got everything before i start the job.ive got 2 new rubber hoses aswell

i have a bending tool and would say you could manage without one, just bend it around something like like a round paintbrush handle

I hand bent all the brake lines for a friends G60 successfully without kinking any of them.. though I must admit I'm trying to remember whether that was before or after he crashed the car at the Nurburgring... :|

You are better off with a pipe bending tool but as has been said, if you just take your time with them you should be ok!

Never used a bending tool in my life! :p Go slow and careful and do little bits at a time and you can do 2" radius bends by hand :)

Oh ok, I'll admit I've only ever bent tube that's alot harder than copper.