Pat_McCrotch

Show us your snotter....

Shamelessly stolen from Pistonheads :)

A snotter; A bargain car you leave anywhere, don't love like your Corrado, really cheap and generally costs less than £1000.

Extra points for originality ;)

My previous;

Audi A6 1.8T quattro. Cost me £998.00 (£1000 minus the £2 in change I found under the seat). Written off by an unlicensed driver earlier in the year...

attachment.php?attachmentid=47323&d=1307914174

Current;

An rather 'honest' Honda Accord Type R. Techically doesn't quite qualify as a snotter as cost was £1070, but still worth a mention though as was pretty close ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=47079&d=1306777578

My snotter was without a doubt my 1998 Ibiza TDi:

file-6.jpg

Cost me £200 plus a few parts and I absolutely loved it. I'd park it anywhere without really caring and it didn't matter about it getting dirty or muddy because it was so cheap. Never let me down either :) Bless it, I sold it and its still going strong as far as I know!

Got this off ebay in october for £150, have done 15,000miles so far, 1.8 16v zetec

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

really cheap to repair and also really easy to work on.

My current daily uber shed is this 1995 B4 Passat tdi, purchased for the princely some of £100 on the last day of its MOT. Spent a grand total of £22 getting it through another MOT and have done 8000 faultless miles in the last 6 months. That includs strapping my car trailer too it!

side.jpg

Even has heated leather and cruise control!!!

leather.jpg

Chris

not got any pics of my old snotter but you can see it in the background just after i got my corrado.

P1010941.jpg

it a 306 sedan 1.9 d-turbo

cost 200 sheets with 6 month tax n test

owned for just over a year, passed its mot with no advisories but it was poor to drive, back end had a habbit of steppin out at low speeds

i even left the keys hanging out the ldoor locks for two days and still nobod touched it!

Covered in Dog hair and a rattled canned bonnet. Now looks in amazing condition with only 87k on the clock (not got decent photos. only random ones on my phone). Bounces over speed humps quite nicely too :)

My current daily uber shed is this 1995 B4 Passat tdi, purchased for the princely some of £100 on the last day of its MOT. Spent a grand total of £22 getting it through another MOT and have done 8000 faultless miles in the last 6 months. That includs strapping my car trailer too it!

side.jpg

Even has heated leather and cruise control!!!

leather.jpg

Chris

Brilliant snotter! :D

Brilliant snotter! :D

Cheers mate tis a handy tool.

Went to Manchester to pick up a plasmer cutter a couple of months back. 540 mile round trip and used £44 worth of diesel, was happy with that.

Even got 40mpg out of it towing the corrado on the trailer round the M25!

Had a Skoda Felicia 1.3 for the last 3 years being badly mistreated but never failing... until an Audi pulled out in front of me about 4 weeks ago

5778445062_35949a9a70.jpg

Think the old skoda came off well compared to the Audi

5777912017_2f4b036136.jpg

Insurance paid out nicely, £300 more than i paid for it, so replaced with a 16v Polo

5840425544_ac1be5c119.jpg

£1000 to me, is semi-decent car money.

I'd even go as far as saying £1000 is decent car money imo.

I don't know what 'Snotter' actually means but I'll interpret it as a shed of a car that's destined for the bin! In which case RubshisBall's Audi and Accord are hardly 'Snotters' !

They are simply good cars that had a low purchase price! Nothing wrong with that at all :D I think some people are just too embarrassed / ashamed to admit they've only spent a grand or less on a car and actually like it.

IMO, the smart money is on old, well built cars these days. A 90s German car is a classic example. A hell of a lot of car for the money. The low outlay of

Well here's my 'Snotter' anyway. A 1996 525i Touring with 135K on the clock. Everything still works perfectly, including the A/C , Cruise control, headlight washers, height adjusters, seats, etc etc. Starts first turn, every time, even when left 10 days. Full leather, MOT, Tax etc, for £800.

I bought it for household lugging duties and to carry my bikes around and I actually like it and I would be annoyed if some chunt dented it in a car park. I don't care what it's purchase price was, it's a frickin good car, end of! :D

Fecking awesome Kev... exactly the sort of thing I'll be looking for hopefully in the not too distant future! :)

Fecking awesome Kev... exactly the sort of thing I'll be looking for hopefully in the not too distant future! :)

Cheers Jim! I love the pop up glass panel in the boot lid, really nice touch on the Bimmers. Handy for throwing in the odd bag instead of lifting the whole tailgate up!

Forgot to say it's a 5 speed Auto. 75mph = 2500rpm, it honestly does do 35mpg on a cruise easily.

It really is the opposite of the Corrado to drive. Arm rests on both sides, barely registers bumps that throw the Rado around, you just get it to speed, flick the cruise & A/C on and relax :D

Yeah, I'm getting old!

Most of my cars pre Volkswagen would definitely be classed as snottersas I tended to buy them from the car market. The sstandout has to be a Talbot Horizon in a kind of oragey tan colour with a dark brown Starsky and Hutch stripe. Cost £20, ran it for 2 years as a daily then eventually sold it on for the same price. Was too embarased to take a picture of it but it was a faithful beastie and comfortable as well.

Cheers Jim! I love the pop up glass panel in the boot lid, really nice touch on the Bimmers. Handy for throwing in the odd bag instead of lifting the whole tailgate up!

Forgot to say it's a 5 speed Auto. 75mph = 2500rpm, it honestly does do 35mpg on a cruise easily.

It really is the opposite of the Corrado to drive. Arm rests on both sides, barely registers bumps that throw the Rado around, you just get it to speed, flick the cruise & A/C on and relax :D

Yeah, I'm getting old!

I dunno if it's just getting old or what mate but there's just something about a big, practical, wafter. As you know I had that old Merc W124 and it was just superb.. no job was too big in terms of carrying stuff, and you could park it anywhere and not give a crap if some ****head student decided to run over it. And on even the crappest road surfaces it just soaked it all up.

Stressless motoring.. comfortable, quiet... superb.

Snotter/Shed. I would consider that a car that cost you less than £1000 as is MOT'd & taxed and nothing majorly wrong :)

Looks like we're getting an Alfa GTV V6 traded in for about £800....another one to add to my collection maybe? ;)

07052011.jpg

Mk3 Polo GT: £50 to buy, £60 MOT and £115 TAX. Bodywork is crap but 80bhp in something under 750kg is rapid haha

Snotter/Shed. I would consider that a car that cost you less than £1000 as is MOT'd & taxed and nothing majorly wrong :)

Looks like we're getting an Alfa GTV V6 traded in for about £800....another one to add to my collection maybe? ;)

I bought my C for £900 originally. Tax'd, MOT'd and 1/4 tank of petrol! It was immediately after the recession hit so i guess someone needed rid as it was and is certainly not a shed!

Same story with my 1st Mk2, no recession but it cost £400 and i sold it for £460 after 2 1/2 yrs driving it.

My actual shed had to be the dreaded pug 106 (old shape) cost me £700, sold it for £650 a year later. It didnt go well, didnt stop well, ugly as sin, but it got me to college and back for a year. Hardly a chick magnet but as i was the only one of my mates driving back then the old wreck did me proud! :)