V Bachetta

*** rim advice needed ***

Hi all,

Im thinking about putting on a set of Keskin KT1's on my Corrado. Before i do any buying, i need to know if i can get these one there without too much of a ball ache. Details are below,

FRONT: 16 x 7.5 ET 20

REAR: 16 x 9 ET 15

The Stud pattern is 5 x 100, so i know i can buy a set of PCD adaptors to convert this from the currect stud pattern which is 4 x 100.

Please can you help me and let me knwo if this is possible? My arches appear to have already been rolled back so clearance shouldnt be too much of an issue?!?

Thanks for reading, look forward to views/comments/suggestions.

Veejay.

Can I just confirm, are we saying you have a VR6 (5x100) or a 4 studder and the wheels are the opposite?

Can I just confirm, are we saying you have a VR6 (5x100) or a 4 studder and the wheels are the opposite?

Hi "swiftkid". Thanks for the reply. I can confirm the following,

I have a 1.8 16v Corrado (4 x 100)

The Keskin KT1's are 5 x 100.

Im really after advise on if the offset is correct, to be honest i know very little about wheels which is why im asking about it before i go off and spend the loot.

I would say your dropping the et to far

With et 20 and et15 your gonna be close and i say you will want 30 mm adaptors wich will put you at et-15 and et10 wich is seriouse poke

The way to work it out is the lower the number the more the poke the higher the number the more tuck you will get

You will wanna watch your arches on poke and your brakes and suspension and inner arches if your running tuck especially with wide wheels

Hope this helps mate im pretty sure thats all correct

As redborbet has said, with those offsets and using adaptors they are going to stick out of the arches quite a bit. They would cost a fortune to get them fitting well and it would involve quite a bit of camber and overly stretched tyres which would ruin the ride and handling.

I would say your dropping the et to far

With et 20 and et15 your gonna be close and i say you will want 30 mm adaptors wich will put you at et-15 and et10 wich is seriouse poke

The way to work it out is the lower the number the more the poke the higher the number the more tuck you will get

You will wanna watch your arches on poke and your brakes and suspension and inner arches if your running tuck especially with wide wheels

Hope this helps mate im pretty sure thats all correct

Hi Mate, firstly, nice car :cool:

Thanks for the reply and comments, i do want them to poke, but not so much that i will be constantly hasseld by the law. i was looking more at the 20/25mm pcd adaptors. Do you think i will get away with this? The car does have coilovers fitted so can adjust the ride hight if needs be.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

As redborbet has said, with those offsets and using adaptors they are going to stick out of the arches quite a bit. They would cost a fortune to get them fitting well and it would involve quite a bit of camber and overly stretched tyres which would ruin the ride and handling.

Hi "luke w", thanks for the comments. When you say they will stick out quiet a bit, any approximate indication on how far the will stick out.??

Have a look through this thread at the work required to fit what your planning to fit. If your wanting to get away with just rolled arches with a 9" wheel I would say et15 is about as much as you can go without it looking daft or having to lift your car up a lot.

If i were you i would look for a set of 4x100 keskins which are pretty easy to come by which would solve your problems.

:scratch: DAMN.... i was getting these fairly cheap with tyres which is why i was looking at how much messing around is involved to get these on. Just out of interest, when im looking for wheels, ideally a set of 16", what ET's do i need to look out for as i realise there is more to it then what meets the eye.

Well it changes depending on the widths of the wheels but generally if your looking for a 9" wheel on the rear et15 is a good figure to run with only rolled arches, any more than that and you start to need arches pulled/have scrubbing issues/it looks silly.

As for fronts, I have seen people run et15 on a 9" with the arches rolled, you usually get staggered fitment wheels like the keskins of 7.5" et25 which will be fine, maybe space them out for ideal fitment but depends on preference.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/ is a good website to see how they will fit!

Well it changes depending on the widths of the wheels but generally if your looking for a 9" wheel on the rear et15 is a good figure to run with only rolled arches, any more than that and you start to need arches pulled/have scrubbing issues/it looks silly.

As for fronts, I have seen people run et15 on a 9" with the arches rolled, you usually get staggered fitment wheels like the keskins of 7.5" et25 which will be fine, maybe space them out for ideal fitment but depends on preference.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/ is a good website to see how they will fit!

Thanks for all the information, its good to know people are helpful and appreciate the time you took to read and comment on my post. Back to the hunt then for some wheels.

Not a problem, glad to help. I know its a pain trying to figure out wheel fitments, its only taken me a year to get myself some!!! Have a look on ebay.de, you can usually pick up some bargains on there.

Thanks for all the information, its good to know people are helpful and appreciate the time you took to read and comment on my post. Back to the hunt then for some wheels.

your lucky you didn't get a "RIM" based joke tbh! It's touch and go with this lot... especially where RIMS are concerned :lol:

lots of touching and going....

Ahh see thats because us VR folk are much more mature than you g60 lot, plus we get 5 holes in our rims, you only get 4... more holes, more goals :D

Ahh see thats because us VR folk are much more mature than you g60 lot, plus we get 5 holes in our rims, you only get 4... more holes, more goals :D

showing your maturity well i see!

anywho, you should know it's not the waves in the water it's the motion in the ocean :afro:

haha what happend here so much info and great advice and then everyone starts poking ther fingers in everyones holes mucky boys haha