Sign in to follow this  
big_mac

flat spot from 1k to 6 k revs

its the best way to describe my problem, the car runs fine, all the temps are normal, doent misfire (that i can hear) yet she has what seems like a constant flatspot.

you put the old right foot down and she goes, makes all the normal noises, but just doesnt pull, i can tell there is something amiss but just what it is is driving me mad.

i know she had trouble with idle probs and the throttle position sensor from talking to the previous owner. could it be this again?

any help greatly appreciated

Andy.

This sounds silly but on my 16v ke-jet i had what sounds to be a similar prob.The internals of the middle exhaust box had rotted away and become stuck on the S bend just before the back box. This resulted in when i put my foot down it went but just didnt pull untill it hit bout 5k revs (guessing the build up in fumes eventually forced there way through).

Just a thought.

Cheers Fraser

Yeah I know people with similar problems that were traced back to collapsed exhaust internals (not corrado's though), You can sometimes find the opposite to Fraser- when it ticks over and idles fine but chokes itself when you rev it (My old Corsa did just that due to a collapsed cat :( )

My 92' vr6 has a similar problem. It hesitates when you step on it - but once you break through 2500 it runs like a top. I have replaced every ignition component except for the coil pack. My friend suspects dirty injectors. So maybe I should clean the cat which was ruined when my swiss mechanics overfilled the oil. Is that why it smells of sulpher?

The sulphur smell is an unfortunate by-product of the catalytic porcess, that cleans the exhaust :roll:

gavin

Do you have a boost gauge sounds like one of your boost pipes has either split or come adrift I had the same proble when I had the lower boost pipe into the intercooler come loose and it drove like a 1.1 fester but sounded like an animal. Check all the boost pipes for splits or anything that has come loose!