Callum33

Wing Mirror Whistling

Since im finally getting the rado back after two months in the garage sourcing an ABS fault. Just occurred I never asked if it was a common fault or an easy fix that when I get over 30mph the drivers side wing mirror causes a loud whistling noise as the air travels between it and the window. Surely not a design issue and when I put my hand between the stem of the wing mirror and the glass it stops. Isnt exactly a crisis but very annoying.

Anyone had this issue/know how to get rid of it?

When mine had broken glass in it it whistled, hasn't made a sound since I fixed it though, not that that really helps you sorry.

Anyone else have this problem?

As OP as soon as I put my hand between the mirror and door the noise disappears, my old valves didn't do it but the VR does and it's really quite annoying!

Yeah mine does it too. Since it only does it at a certain speed, it's not really bothered me much. Any bits of trim around the mirror not sitting flush?

I notice my old Bimmer's mirror had dimples on the back of it it to break up the airflow over it, which stops the noise.

Mine does it from about 25mph all the way up until the window rattles so much I have to close it(must fit those new window rollers!)

Everything seems to be fitted correctly :(, might try and stick a bit of tape over where the non painted bit meets the painted cap, see if that identifys the problem area!

Winter is just around the corner anyway so I can probably forget about it for a few months lol

I noticed this on mine turns out that the rubber window trim that sits against the bottom of the window to prevent water coming in was sitting proud, just pushed it in and the whistling stopped.

Might help some of you?

I noticed this on mine turns out that the rubber window trim that sits against the bottom of the window to prevent water coming in was sitting proud, just pushed it in and the whistling stopped.

Might help some of you?

Cheers, I'll have a look at that :)

Fit some wind deflectors. They look good and probably will stop any whistling.

My gfs Lupo does it... no trim missing or anything, just a characteristic.

I don't want to fit wind deflectors lol

My other corrado doesn't do it so why should I be happy with the VR doing it :-/

mine does this around 50-55mph, checked out the wing mirror and found a nice crack running top to bottom. not sure when this happend and theirs no sign of being hit or pushed.