Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

masonary paint removal from paintwork

arrrggghhh!!!!!

the wifes painted the exterior of our house and my corrado is now coated with little cream dots of masonary paint just about everywhere!! Ain't coming off very easy - need some idea's on how to disolve it without damaging the car paintwork?????

you got your wife to paint the house...now thats a first... :lol: exterior paint with have acrylic in it so just water wont do,could try something like white spirits or tar remover

t-cut?

maybe get the car machined polished?

bit of a nightmare that on i reckon...

cant trust women eh? :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Little tiny dots about the size of a pinhole? I did this with my Pug 205 (D'oh :( ) - it's amazing how far those little tiny droplets travel in the wind - the only way I could get them off (without risking the paintwork) was to pick 'em off by hand :shock: - get those fingernails ready....

i'm buggered then cos i bite me nails!! :oops: even if i had any, they'd be worn to the knuckle cos the amount of spots is unbelievable!!!!!!!!

White spirit will get it off.

Try following a white line painter truck and see how many flecks of paint you get on the car then :-(

K

your a lucky & unlucky man ..i cant even get my girlfriend to wash up ,never mind paint :lol: i guess thats why she`s never gonna be my wife ! :lol: :lol: like the boys say t-cut or tar remover

I shouldn't laugh :lol: :p

The car is in very good condition and the amount of dots is unbelievable, there is less than an inch between most of them over the whole of the car!, i picked a few off with Paul but on Saturday the the anguish welled up and he went and got wifey out and gave her those condom type gloves ('cos he cares!) and set her away with a tin of thinners, a cloth and some water, seems to have worked, but a major pain in the ass!

Good one Paul! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris