trigger83

re map results?

Yeah please do as it sounds intriguing. I keep hearing conflicting opinions on the V5 / Toledo being fitted with a FWD 02M box, in which case yeah, that's got super short gearing.... but is also 6 speed, which you would have noticed!

Sorry for the delay, the box is from a golf V5, it was fairly straight forward to fit but apparently the gearing might not be ideal for an everyday road car as it's too short, might be worth looking into playing with the final drive though.

Edited by Walesy

Nope.

The sole purpose of the Schrick is to move the torque curve 1000rpm further down. Outright power comes from revs, so with your cams and knocking the rev limit up a bit, you could see around 220hp, with a much fatter bottom end than a standard VR6.

The "Big 3" (Cams, schrick, throttle body) + 3.68 Final drive + Quaife + ARBs + Suspension = As good as a VR6 gets without forced induction or an engine transplant.

That lot gives you a car that's so different and so much better than stock it's unbelievable. The shorter gearing is the best mod. The car really comes alive. The stock gearing is without doubt the biggest noose around the VR6's neck. Feels like it's towing a caravan.

is that right so this 3.68 who makes that?? neuspeed used to do a modded final drive for a mk1 golf and throttle body what difference does that make??? is that bored out kev who does that didnt AMD used to do that??

regards

chris

is that right so this 3.68 who makes that?? neuspeed used to do a modded final drive for a mk1 golf and throttle body what difference does that make??? is that bored out kev who does that didnt AMD used to do that??

regards

chris

VW make the 3.68 :D It's the final drive from a Corrado G60.

AMD did indeed used to sell bigger bore throttles but the actual person who did the machining was [email protected] He's a friend of the forum and has provided quite a few people on here with enlarged throttles. Price used to be £150 exchange but I don't know what it is these days tbh.

Really want to get a 3.68 at some stage!

Going back a few posts, I've just gone from a VR6 with BMC & DG remap to a VR fitted with 263s, Magnex, BMC and Stealth remap. There is quite a difference to be honest. The DG car definately felt quicker, with much better torque throughout the range. I noticed a similar difference when changing the previous VR from an AmD map to the DG map. For me, the DG map is far superior to the others! My current car, although reasonably quick with smooth delivery, feels asthmatic in comparison to my last one. Gonna get Dave to remap the current car for sure...