4eyes2wheels

Typical Corrado Job

One fog light has not worked for ages.

I decide to change the bulb - easy right? Oh no this is a Corrado remember! So of course the fog light cluster screws are totally rusted up. :bonk:I eventually get that resolved. Get the cluster out, unclip the clips whip out the old bulb stick the new bulb in, reassemble, stick the lights and . . . nothing.

:epicfail:

The other one works. :scratch:

Time for a cup of tea!

Always test the bulb before re-assembly......, hindsights a wonderful thing! My screws were rusted similarly last week when I had mine out, the bigger problem was the fact that the reflector was so rotten there wasn't enough metal left to mount the bulb! Doh! Can't say I've ever used them anyway!

I'll get back out there and test bulbs back and forth between both lights. I barely ever use them either but it's one of those things that gnaws away at me knowing that only one of them works!

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Right - All bulbs work in one fog light and no bulbs work in the other one. So, me thinks there must be something wrong with the wiring.

I have no multi meter but if I got one what am I looking for?

If you havent got a multi-meter,you could take both foglights off the car,plug the one that doesnt work,into the side that does work. If it now works, its the wiring to the foglight,(the car side) If it doesnt work,its the wiring on the foglight side !

Its most likely a corroded plug,pull apart,lots of WD40 and clean pins.

good luck

i had a similar prob with my indicator, it was the wire whcih goes into the the connector had snapped just as in joined the connector

:lol: got this exact same issue. One fog light hasnt worked since taking the bumper off i think (didnt notice it until i put bumper back on, so hopefully its the bulb), but like you the screws are fooked.