Grim1

TCS Car Sales

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of feedback really.

My C's engine died last friday, and as we just can't be with a C, we're looking at replacing the deaad one. I've seen a C i like being sold by TCS near Swadlincote in Derbyshire.

Has anyone here had any dealings with them before? What are your opinions of them?

Their prices seem a little higher than elsewhere, but i'm happy to pay a little extra for a good car, with good bodywork etc.

I'm interested to hear of your opinions and experiences with them.

Cheers,

Ian

Ps, I may well be posting a thread with some bits for sale.........including the much loved three spokes!!! (see previous thread!!! lol)

think you will do better to buy a c from here to tbh. Better priced and most have members pics with all the work they have put into them. you will always pay more from a dealer as you say .

Thanks for that info.

I'll probably still go and take a look, but armed with this info, if the car turns out to be a good one, i'll try and knock him down considerably on price.

Between me and the missus, we've owned 3 rado's, she's had a Vr, i've had a 2ltr 16v and currently in the the process of replacing a 1.8 16v, so got plenty of collective experience of C's.

I'm looking for a 2ltr 16v, not found many owned by entusiasts and forum members, so tempted to check out the khaki valver TCS are selling, although very wary of him. There is also a black valver for sale in Birmingham, so will also be checking that one out too.

hopefully, i'll have a new one by mid-week.

From the posts I've read about this guy, don't touch with a bargepole, even going to bargain with him, he doesn't sound like he cares enough about the customer to worry about bargaining.

Avoid!

There's enough cars around to find one off an enthusiast on here.

Ideally i would look for something on here, but in the classifieds, there are no 2ltr 16v going. On Auto trader, there are maybe one or two cars that meet the criteria, and as we need to replace the car ASAP, we're willing to look around.

Also, not really looking to spend £500 on something that needs lots of TLC. I am really wary of TCS, and we're being extremely fussy, even as far as we will not buy from someone we don't like, and we normally sus that out almost imediately.

I am actually thinking, the black valver we've seen in Brum is going to be the one, depending on the mileage.....they haven't listed it on the ad.

Ideally i would look for something on here, but in the classifieds, there are no 2ltr 16v going. On Auto trader, there are maybe one or two cars that meet the criteria, and as we need to replace the car ASAP, we're willing to look around.

Also, not really looking to spend £500 on something that needs lots of TLC. I am really wary of TCS, and we're being extremely fussy, even as far as we will not buy from someone we don't like, and we normally sus that out almost imediately.

I am actually thinking, the black valver we've seen in Brum is going to be the one, depending on the mileage.....they haven't listed it on the ad.

How desperate are you, I have a 1995 Moonlight Blue 16V to sell but I'm trying to sort the (usual) sunroof problem as it broke recently - I'm only down in Gloucester so not a million miles away.

Ian.

How desperate are you, I have a 1995 Moonlight Blue 16V to sell but I'm trying to sort the (usual) sunroof problem as it broke recently - I'm only down in Gloucester so not a million miles away.

Ian.

I can vouch for Ian's car- been looked after no expense spared 8)

Cheers dude. Got it on our watch list, may call up later as it's not too far away from here.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Ian.

Ian,

Sounds interesting, and we really would prefer to buy from someone here. Could you PM me with a little more info, like mileage, service history and price. Also, do you have any pics.

Would definitely be interested in having a look today if you're about.

Ian

Woohoo!!!! Needless to say me and the missus are chuffed to bits!!!! Taking the advice given, we avoided TCS....and thank god!!!!! We will now be the proud new owners of GlosterOx's valver.

Cheers dude, was good to meet you, and we're really looking forward to having the car.

Woohoo!!!! Needless to say me and the missus are chuffed to bits!!!! Taking the advice given, we avoided TCS....and thank god!!!!! We will now be the proud new owners of GlosterOx's valver.

Cheers dude, was good to meet you, and we're really looking forward to having the car.

Was great to meet you and Louise as well, chuffed that it will be going to fellow enthusiasts - Will be in touch when it has the new MOT.

Ian.