liamtg60

MFA Reading 99.9 mpg

MPG and speed appear to be wrong everything else seem bout right.

Could someone shed some light on the whole MFA1 and 2 thingymebob cos its all new to me.

Why is ther 2?

Iv searched theres nothing for mfa

thanks

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

It was reading 12 - 14 mpg which is obv wrong untill I was playing about cleaning the fan control sensor

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

1.8 16v

Hya,

Can't help you on the 99.9 mpg, other than its fubared or you are driving very very slow. MFA 1 and MFA 2 I can; MFA1 is a trip computer per journey, it does take into account stops, it also self resets but I don't know the time period before reset. MFA2 gives roughly the same information bar for its an accumilation of all your journeys so if mpg was wokring the 2 should post different figures as will your average speed. Both can be reset by pulling slider towards the number.

Reply sent using "non technical jargon"

so what gives the clocks the information to display 99.9? sum sensor or something? maybe ive knocked sumthing in the engine bay. I cant find anything tho but I have had the car in bits this last week

On the back of the clocks there is a tube connected that feeds a vacuum to the clocks for the MPG telling them how much fuel is being used, this has probably come off, it just pushes back on.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

What's wrong about the speed? is it jumping about? If so there is a sensor on the gearbox, assuming your car has a digital odometer readout not an analog scrolling one, if it's analog then you have a cable instead.

On the back of the clocks there is a tube connected that feeds a vacuum to the clocks for the MPG telling them how much fuel is being used, this has probably come off, it just pushes back on.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

What's wrong about the speed? is it jumping about? If so there is a sensor on the gearbox, assuming your car has a digital odometer readout not an analog scrolling one, if it's analog then you have a cable instead.

I have had the clock out recently i wonder if thats it then ill have a go today seen as tho i got the day off cheers

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

I think it might be overfueling as well tbh i can smell fuel quite alot

I'm glad someone else has had this problem. Mine was doing the same, so I'll be having the clocks out tomorrow to get this sorted.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

You dont have to take the clocks out, to get at the hose all you have to do is take the lower panal of and get up behind the clocks, as you cant put the pipe on then put the clocks back into prostion as the bit of pipe I don't thin is long enough. Save you some extra work