sexybourbon

wat would you do

Right i wanna know what you lot would do ??

In the first year of owning my rado i had three sets of wheels the third i stuck with because they are my fave wheels , they are brock b1s 9s all round et15 so pokey

I really really love the wheels and said thats it im never getting rid of them but a few weeks ago i bought some brembos and because of the wheels been concave i cant fit them

So my options are to change wheels ( seen some compomotive mos ) already so could get these and sell the brocks

My problem is i know the car looks ace on the brocks but i also think that the brakes will be an awsome upgrade and possible keep tje car up to date an be more of a resale point in the future

I want the brakes but i love the wheels asweal wat would you go for looks or performance

Unless you have seriously tricked out the engine with mapping,shiny bit or some forced induction i would stick with the standard breaks as there not that bad and keep the c looking how you want it.

Id say the same, though it depends what, if any, future plans for upping the power of the engine in the future.

Then again, on the flip side of that, if you can get some wheels you like and fit.....

See i dont rate the 16v brakes at all they fade far too quick for me and the extra stopping power would help as for future power it would be all ready as the supspension and all its workings have been overhauled if the brakes wer done later on in the future id consider a 20v wen money allows so there could be power to come

Its either gonna be a cosmetics kind of look with the brocks or a racey look with comps big brakes and power maybe in the future

Still can decide tbh

You could try upgrading to g60's and see what you think, upullit usually have loads! The valver brakes really are utter crap but the 280's are not bad, obviously the brembo's are going to make quite a big difference but if its brake fade your worried about and want to keep the wheels you could go for something like drilled/grooved discs and some performance pads, something like ferodo or the ebc range using the G60 setup.

i had this dilemma with my old 20vt corrado i was running borbet a's with the same girth and et as your brocks, i bought some wilwood 4 pots but they wouldnt fit behind the borbets without spacers which would have made them poke even more in the end i sold the wilwoods on as i was too in love with how the car sat on the borbets plus id had arch work done to get them to fit properly

in the end i bought some brand new g60 calipers and ran a good disc and pad combo there not mega stopping power but was good enough i felt for my needs with about 260bhp

Sell the brakes and keep the wheels, you could always buy some other brakes that fit your wheels !5284d76a-5588-19b8.jpg

I've had these on mine for about three years,really pleased with them, my skinny spare even fits over them !

Edited by dragon green

Haha swifty you only dont want me to fit them because you want to buy them from me this weekend with all your hard earned cash haha

Jeffcabbage i know how you feel i could never fit spacers it would look terrible and far too much

But i am going to consider the g60 again iv had arch work aswell so that would have been a waste im in the same boat you was in love the wheels too much

Dragon green they look good cheers for the pic wat are they off please and did you have to get special adaptors for them

Any details would e good

Cheers fellas t you was in love the wheels too much

Dragon green they look good cheers for the pic wat are they off please and did you have to get special adaptors for them

Any details would e good

Cheers fellas

HiSpec advertise at the Classic Car Show in November. Always thought their brakes looked like superb quality and was always stunned at how light the calipers were! Good to hear some positive comments about them!

If you're happy with your wheels then go for 280mm G60s.. they're plenty enough for up to 200bhp.

you could go for the s2 twin pots if you find a set, but you really don't need to.

The more people say about the g60 brakes the more i regret it as i bought some then sold them on to pay for the brembos should have stuck with them in tje first place !! I do like the look of the brakes dragongreen posted tho they look very good quality