KADVR6

tyres for an 8 x 17 rim

whats best for these?? was thinking 215 40 17's?? and would 205's be ok without looking stretched as hate stretched tyres.

I'd go for the 215 TBH. I have a 205 on a 7.5" and it looks "normal" (perfect), but perhaps the extra half inch would start to give it the stretch look.

205's are fine Karl, thats what I had on the Oz rims and they didn't look stretched at all

Edit: Not the best pic, but you get the idea

Edited by BILLCOR

215/40's make the wheels look too big for rado's imo. 205/40 or go down a wheel size.

another vote for 215. should give the lip that extra bit of cover.

having said that i go with 195 on 7.5j

Ive got Vredstein Cento's and they are not strechted at all (205's). Falkens that were on before were stretched slightly. Depends on tyre make TBH but most of the european makes have less strech.

You want a 205/40 as the 45 profile is too big.

That's a pain...I don't like the harsh ride of 40s or the look if I'm honest but have been offered a good deal on some 17inch rims :(

Stick with some 205/40's but do some research into what specific tyres look like on 8's.

You'd be amazed at the variation on actual size of various 205/40's for example.

Falkens tend to come up small along with Bridgestones, Yoko's tend to come up big along with Continental for example.

Karl, I have 205s on the fronts (your old 8" OZ wheels). Not a silly stretch at all and does not catch anymore (my car is pretty low) where they would with the 215s on. Also it is nicer to drive with the slimmer tyres.

I had 215/40s on my compomotives and they didn't look right. Stick with 205/40

I had your car in mind when i made my first post lol.

I've got 205/40 on my Compomotives, and think they look good. And the ride is quite firm, but suits my driving style.

That's a pain...I don't like the harsh ride of 40s

Thats entirely dependent on the tyre itself IMO. I've got some 205 40 17 Kumho KU31s and they ride nicer than 195 50 15 Eagle F1s. The KU31 has a much softer sidewall than the Eagle F1, so handling isn't quite as sharp, but it rides nicely and looks great :)