swiftkid

Window scraper seals

Well just rang GPC for a set, apparently they no longer have any in stock but luckily, and I say the word luckily in a sort of "lucky that train only cut both your arms and legs off and didn't kill you" sort of luckily, VW have them in stock... for £50 each!!! thats £100 for 2 bloody seals, absolute madness. Now I understand why there are soo many corrado's with absolute crap masked off spray jobs kicking about when doing it right costs insane amounts of money.

Does anyone know if you can get them anywhere else for cheaper?

How bizare. I've just come back from my local stealer for the same item. Safe to say, I gave it a swerve at fifty dabs.

Let us all know if you source anything more pocket friendly.

They're that price because of demand. When I first bought a set they were ~ £27+ VAT each. Then a set I bought a couple of years ago were £33, so I'm not surprised they're now 50.

I'm going to hang onto the set I've got and wait until they're obsolete, then sell em on ebay for £350 each. Everyone else does it, so why not.

...and people wonder why everything is going obsolete. Sorry but the choice is you buy a set and blag some dealer discount, or you don't buy a set and VW stop producing them due to lack of demand. Just don't moan on here when they're no longer available.

£50 each isn't actually that bad anyway. Most other VW and Audi ones are in that range give or take a tenner. And the original ones have lasted me 16 years (longer if they hadn't had laquer sprayed on them!)

Hang on a second, before you start slagging me off for not going to VW and emptying my pockets for every part I need, I will be buying a set and I understand the principles of supply and demand. The fact of the matter is, 2 years ago they were at £33 each, which is expensive at that rate anyway, so how have they managed to increase by £17? That is some insane inflation if you ask me

i dont think inflation comes into it. Its down to price elasticity of demand. Low demand means price goes up.

Its a vicous circle with car parts because as the price goes up demand goes down as people source 2nd hand parts instead of new, which pushes the price up further, again reducing demand.

Its a cycle unlikely to be broken as ever more corrado's are scrapped

Vw arent going to make a massive batch of seals to make the unit price low when they know the demand isnt there to sell them on

It's no different to Mercedes whacking the price up of their Sprinter intercoolers because of demand - thanks to MK2 Golf people putting them in their 1.8T conversions and G60s etc.

The one who rubs his gentleman's area wasn't getting at you specifically but I see where he's coming from. Corrado owners in general do seem to moan about parts prices, but we all know it's a German car and know full well expensive running costs are part of owning a German car. Unless of course you own a BMW where the intake hose is £13 instead of £130 for a VR6's :lol:

And as for where can you get them cheaper? I don't think you can. It's going to be a dealer only part.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

I need a set to ,has anyone tried the classic parts place ? . Ive just paid out £53 each for the roof rail rubbers .

Classsic parts can be a pain from what I gather. They don't take card payments and sometimes get the orders wrong. £53 each for the roof trims. Hmmmm, I paid £90 for a pair of those about 7 years ago. I suspect some of these parts are being remade, which obviously will be charged at current rates sadly.....

I have tried TPS and GPC, TPS want £46.78 + vat each, GPC don't have any in stock and I darn't try VW in case they have gone up by another 50% in the last couple of hours due to low demand...

There was a price update on Monday, so they will have gone up if you got a price last week.

Parts price have gone up an average of 20% since 2007. Mainly due to the poor sterling vs euro and increase in oil costs.

I need a set to ,has anyone tried the classic parts place ? . Ive just paid out £53 each for the roof rail rubbers .

They only sell the left side. 57 euro's plus 19% VAT. + shipping.

Dealers with discount or TPS.