Sideways Steve

Who on here has a Nugget C ?

I don't think it was ever Nugget yellow - not unless it had a full body off respray before I bought it which I very much doubt as I've had it for years. I'm interested in this so if anyone knows of a different yellow being used, please let me know! The paint number in the boot is LK16 but there are also other numbers and I couldn't see too well upside down in the corner of the garage. 1168 43-2-7025 310ER and X2B 1AB 1BE 3FQ. I've spoken to the man who sprayed it and he said he took the colour from the car and it matches the inside of engine bay, boot, door linings etc.

nugget yellow LK1B is the common yellow.....

but

In 1993 corrado's were produced in Jasmine yellow LK1D. but it was never listed in the sales brochures.

I've never seen one to comment on the shade of yellow

No, mine's not that colour. Its a canary yellow, bit like the colour VW uses now for the Fox. Sorry to have started this off! My C is a 1990 16v 1.8

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

No, mine's not that colour. Its a canary yellow, bit like the colour VW uses now for the Fox. Sorry to have started this off! My C is a 1990 16v 1.8. I've got a MX5 Californian as well! Two yellow cars - don't know what that says about me. Like yellow cars I guess!

Don't be sorry, we love this kind of thing! Someone on here will have the answer!

And as for yellow cars, for some such as the mk1 mx5 it's the only colour! :)

And sometimes colours vary in the way they look on the net and when printed, you have to see them in the flesh. Got any pics or your car?

Edited by Toohottotrot

I've had another look at paint code and whilst it looks like LK16 it could be LK1B - it's so faded it could be anything! Will post photo up when I can. Are there really only 16 yellow C's left in UK? I used to see quite a few but then I don't see many of any colour now; guess there are all dying one by one. I've had people tap my window at traffic lights to tell me how much they like my car and one person startled me by running alongside giving me the thumbs up. C's are particularly beautiful and really stand out even though there's nothing flash about them.

I had a white Scirocco Scala that I did 150K trouble-free miles in and its still going strong. My yellow MX5 is a 2000 Californian but thinking of changing it for something that runs on fresh air with zero tax. The joys of living in a recession :-(

Hi Helen,

There is also a sticker inside the first page of the log/service book which you get with the car so you could also check that if you have it!

The colour code is also stamped in there too. :)

I've had another look at paint code and whilst it looks like LK16 it could be LK1B - it's so faded it could be anything! Will post photo up when I can. Are there really only 16 yellow C's left in UK? (

According to this there should be a few more http://direct.the-corrado.net/showthread.php?10315-What-colour-is-yer-Corrado&highlight=Poll

Whilst that link is probably correct my source has said it is no longer accurate as the figure of 16 remaining came from a similar survey done about 2 years ago whereas that one in the link was started in 2004 so is quite old. I personally know of about 3 nuggets alone that have been scrapped since then :(

Also that survey would include the Jasmine yellow ones whereas were just looking for nuggets which were only produced till 1991 and in 1.8 16v and g60 models.

It's all quite interesting stuff though as I really would love to know exactly how many nugget c's remain and where they are :)

Well put mine down as a nugget. Its definitely not jasmine. It lives in my garage (I'd have it in the house if I could) in Penarth, South Wales.

Spoken like a true petrol head!:thumbleft:

Spoken like a true petrol head!:thumbleft:

I haven't been on here for a while but would like to pick some of your knowledgable brains! I've had an offer for my car of £2500 and having sleepless nights! On the accept side is - I no longer use it, it's not improving in the garage, no-one around anymore who can fix little niggles etc

On the against side - they are getting rare, might go up in value, I've spent far more than 2500 on it and quite simply, I love having my garage full of sunshine.

Do you think its a fair price for an MOT'd, professionally resprayed and spotless 1.8 yellow corrado?

It's a good offer to be honest but that's mainly based on the fact it's a 1990 1.8 16v. If it's immaculate it's potentially worth more, especially with the full respray.

A separate thread with some pictures would help a lot :)

It's a good offer to be honest but that's mainly based on the fact it's a 1990 1.8 16v. If it's immaculate it's potentially worth more, especially with the full respray.

A separate thread with some pictures would help a lot :)

Just tried to upload a photo without any success but thanks for your reply.

VR6 Edit: There you go :)

File or photo size may be too big. Can you re-size/scale it down? Failing that I could give you my email address and you can send the picture to me.

Photo added above, it looks great :)

I'd be tempted to put the bump strips back on if it was mine.

With the right trim tape, they're not that tricky to re-fit. Unless yours are in a bad way.

Yes I know but once they've been taken off, they are difficult to put back on. Probably need new ones!

The front two are now obsolete,the others are still available from Classic parts

This thread needs more pics! Anyone got my old nugget (H875 GJN), I would love to know where it is now and see some pics! :)