Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Want to check I getting the right parts.

Just want to make sure these parts from gsf are the right ones. I'm in the process of replacing alot of the sensors on ma vr6 so this week the hall sender is up. Thought I would get K&N filter whilst and expansion cap too.

so, hall sender part is "92379 - HALL SENDER - CO 1.8 16V All" . I'm guessing 'All' means, all corrado engines??

Next K&N part "12310 K+N AIR FILTER CO 9/88 >" . Doesn't say which engine this is for but will it fit my vr. Dont think there are the same size are they?!

Finally is the expansion cap "17422 EXPANSION TANK CAP CO 9/88 > ". Guessing this item is generic across the engines but just want to be sure.

Cheers

Anyone who has ordered these parts from gsf would be most helpful

timo

Obviously yours is a Dizzy model VR then if you're looking at 16V hall sensors?

The expansion tank caps can be bought from Halfords.....put one on mine last night and they're good. The VR K&N is the same size as a MK2 Digifant Golf....so you should be OK.

K

No not dizzy model, coilpack. There is only one hall sender on the website. Doesn't seem to be one specifically for the VR. Will it be the same one??

Bugger, i was in Halfords the other day. Still I was just trying to get all the stuff from the same place. Make the postage more efficient. It'll cost me 3 quid in petrol to get the cap from halfords! :?

So the K&N should be alright?! Cool.

cheers Kev

timo

No not dizzy model, coilpack. There is only one hall sender on the website. Doesn't seem to be one specifically for the VR. Will it be the same one??

Bugger, i was in Halfords the other day. Still I was just trying to get all the stuff from the same place. Make the postage more efficient. It'll cost me 3 quid in petrol to get the cap from halfords! :?

So the K&N should be alright?! Cool.

cheers Kev

timo

Coilpack VR6 hall senders are called 'Cam position sensors' and cost about £25 from VW (known as Impulse senders to them). Bolts in the head just above the Coilpack. I don't think G&S stock them. The hall sender G&S list is probably for 16V & G60 distributors.

Yeah I got a K&N from G&S and it shows up as MK2 8V on their screen! So you should be fine mate. Just be careful putting it in.....put the filter in the top half of the airbox and then clamp the two halves together. If you put the K&N in the lower half it tends to not align properly causing a blowby leak......that's what I've found anyway as the K&N rubber is a lot smaller than the OE paper one.

The engine will be slightly more responsive with the panel filter but no noisier.

K

oh well, to the stealers it is. Just sent my membership to the Corrado Club of GB last weekend so I think i'll wait until that comes through before I pay them a visit. They better give me some serious discount. Spent a fortune at that place. They know me by name now for pete's sake!!!

I can get K&N off needforspeed.com, they are doing 20% off. :lol: