Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Mudflaps

Not the most exciting of topics but to me an important one.

Has anyone here sourced decent replacement mudflaps and if so where and how much?

My last Corrado had VW "Quantum" ones which were fine. However, these have now been discontinued by VW in their wisdom. A few sources can supply them but at over £70 a set are a bit pricey.

I've found these on E-Bay and wondered if anyone had tried them?

Do they fit and look ok??

Cheers

I have them and they fit fine. The rear ones just clip on, but the front ones need to be screwed in.

I just removed my OE mudflaps this weekend been on since new apparently was hoping to reuse them in winter but sadly too corroded and bolts sheared.

One quick question, there is a screw visible on the inner rear edge of the front arches where the mudflaps were located, is this part of the original spec of the car or was it to secure the flaps, the post above got me thinking. Does anyone know? Can someone check their non mudflapped car? BTW its a 94 VR6 if it helps.

Mine had OE flaps on it and yes those screws were still there after taking the front flaps off, so I guess they're supposed to be there.....to hold the inner liner in or something? The mudflaps looked cack anyway and they do more harm than good by allowing crud to build up behind them....complete waste of time.

K

Mine had two mud flaps on it when I bought it. Clearly OE. They have both fallen off now.

The only benefit of them is protecting the sills from stone chips (and maybe the guy behind)..

It's not something that's high on my list of things to do.. First is pay for the Schrick..

First is pay for the Schrick..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am glad you find my impending happy-but-poor state amusing Kev, it's mostly your fault! ;)

I am glad you find my impending happy-but-poor state amusing Kev, it's mostly your fault! ;)

So you're definitely going for one then? Yes indeed it's my fault :lol:

Well.. checked with the insurance this morning, and they said it'll push my excess up by £50, but no extra premium..

So there's no obstacle left. Vince will be taking the manifolds off anyway when he does my timing chains, so fitting the schrick is ideally timed about then, thereby saving me dirtying my spanners and saving me nearly £100 fitting (and the postage). (I was thinking about getting them to check the water pump while the engine is propped up for the timing chains job - as an aside.)

And I get 190+ lbft at 3000 rpm, and stop revving the car, just driving round riding an enormous wave of torque. Even if I get rid of the car in 6 months time I can unbolt the schrick, or negotiate it into the price and get my money back (well not far off I'll wager).

The *only* drawback is the cash leaving my account. But it's not actually *doing* anything there at the moment, anyway!! :)