Redfox

The Rising

Today I spent some time with a friend helping me to change the fluid for the hydraulic clutch. Having the ultra fat manual, it dissapoints me big time, as I couldn't find a propper description of how to do, but I am either looking the wrong place, or it's a minor detail, that any VW mechanic will know how to do.

Normally It's just pushing new fluid (dot 4) through, but since this baby have the nasty electrinically controlled VW abs (utterly crap), it have to be different (of course) ;)

So on with how to do for others to enjoy.

- First disconnect the two plugs on top of the fluid container, that sit's on top of the abs unit.

- Overfill the container to somewhere midways between the "max" marking and the top of the container.

- On the rearside is a hose connected to the clutch cylinder in the rear right side (seen from the font lights on my left side driven Corrado). This is connected to the lower slave cylinder (also with a bleeding nipple) that sit's on top of the gearbox, connected to the clutch, Take off the rubbercap and spray a bit of loosening fluid like wd40, or similar.

- Use a 11mm ring spanner to loosen it a little bit, then close it, then connect a propper sized clear plastic tube to the bleeding nipple.

- Get a friend to slowly (or moderately) depress the clutch pedal min. 20 times, and HOLD it down.

- Turn on the ignition. You should then hear the electronically controlled abs pump push some fluid forward through the system, to get pressure.

- Loosen the bleeding nipple apprx. a quarter of a turn, and then close it again. You should see old discolourated fluid pass through the clear plastic tube, into a ½ Liter cola bottle or similar ;)

Since cola is toxic, this is a well suited bottle ;)

- Have your friend turn the ignition off, and release the clutch pedal.

- Pump the pedal again like mentioned above and repeat process many times, until you have fresh clear fluid into your toxic bottle.

- Repeat, and remember to refill the container with more fluid. It must never reach the low point.

- continue untill the fluid container is at "max" marking or suck it up with a syringe, plastic tube or whatever, if there's a surplus.

- Test the function of the clutch pedal. It should be firm, but not hard, and there should be pressure almost from the upper position of the pedal.

- Take a test drive and enjoy.

Note: After releasing the pedal, it may keep being down. Lift it up manually, and just pump 20 times or more again.

Job done. Dispose old fluid propperly into a chemistry crap place or similar , as it is highly toxic, and you don't wan't your good looking neighbour (woman) to have funny children ... ;)

This was the way I did it, and it works nicely. Do it a lot of times, and there should be no air or water trapped inside the system.

Redo every year (as you of course drive your Corrado very hard) and no probs should arise, otherwise every second year as normally described.

The effect pf it was, that I can now change gear more easily. Less of a clunk when going into reverse, and less hassle to get it back into neutral. Quite improved.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Small update;

Well, didn't do much lately on the Corrado, as it just drives so nicely, and my grandmother died, plus we have been looking on a house. Didn't buy it though as it's a bit far away from job, and I will not use the Corrado for commuting. Never ever.

I can add though that the change of fluid on the clutch did help greatly, but I'll do it again later as there may be small airbubbles still trapped inside. I think springtime is great for that, and it'll be ready to cross Europe from West to East at the Black Sea, with lot's of mountain driving! Looking forward to test out the modified Recaro's on that trip.

So, winter have come, and I just managed to clean the Corrado up inside and outside, before heavy snow hit the streets:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70989[/ATTACH]

And a lot more is coming.

For me that's a no go in Corrado, so it's been put to hibernation untill spring. Better to gather a bunch of spares for when the time is ready. So I am doing that: things for my BMW backrest seat project, all kinds of spares for the brake project, more for the g-ladder (would like an extra on the shelf), and then some. More to follow.

It is on a day like this that you realise how wonderfull public transportation is. No need to add wintertires, no saltspray, and ripped off frontspoiler, and most importantly, no dents, as noone can crash into your car. It's a bit cold in the garage, so time is better spent on the internet, reading on this site for example, or playing my guitar.

Btw. a friend came by and dropped off his tig welder, so it's ready to cut open the entire exhaust system and redo it propperly, now that I've learned that a manufacturer is not able to do a system propperly for the Corrado. A freeflowing cat and larger diameter tubes are on their way to prevent loss of good Bhp's. My friend who have done this over and over and allways rolled them before and after, told me on this model, we'll make a gain of some 8-10 bhp. We'll see. I have some other nice little details on their way to further improve the engine horsepowers, without actually tuning the g-ladder, as there are some places that VW chose to limit things to pass regulations. Fortunately This is not California, so I can do what i want (within limits). More later.

Cheers,

Winterfox.

Edited by Redfox

A small update,

Just before I put the Corrado away, I had a main light switch problem, as main dipped beam wouldn't turn on, unless I flipped the switch back a little. I took it apart and cleaned etc, but to no avail.

So I got an original new one (old style) and things are back to how thay should be ;)

Also I got hold of the old style double seat heating switch ;) Looking for a wireing net and relays etc, so I can get it all up and running.

Then I finally got an original G60 front badge. Badgeless is nice, but G60 badge is nicer! So I'll run it next season, and see what it feels like. Maybe a modded badge is on it's way...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71620[/ATTACH]

Finally I also got hold of an original leather covered hand brake handle. I tried a web one earlier, but it fitted so badly that I threw it out. Original fits and is installed in 3 seconds. So easy to get off and on, if one knows how.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71621[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Okay guys,

I tried a first sneak on making a short video of my Corrado. Take a look at :

Cheers,

Redfox.

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the nice comments. So here's another little video, this time rolling. Shot last summer.

Sorry for not speaking english this time (just forgot to do it), so I inserted a few comments. Basically I changed track arms, bushes, arb's, the lot. Quite sharp handleing.

More videos on it's way.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71695[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Okay, here's another video, which is actually the first of the ones I've put on the net. Took 3 hours to upload... Sorry for not speaking English on this one either. Will do on future ones next season.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71713[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Redfox.

Really tidy car,did i see that interior was original ? not seen one like that before.Very unique

Tanks guys,

The Corrado was born as a Jet model, so it came with the red and Black interrior. They did not only come in black/red, but also black/black and black/purple, together with a Jet sticker beneath the rear side windows, plus the flat rear bench, and a silver stripe on the steering wheel, together with Corrado scripture on the door sils.

Then i got a blue and black with the armest for the rearseats, but then in the meantime, I finally bought a torn and ugly Recaro leather interrior in Grey, so I renovated that last January.

I have some plans as to modifify the Recaro seats to support better, like the golf Mk. II Recaro seats. For now I installed an inflatable cushion from Recaro bmw seats.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

All right,

Spent the afternoon taking my beemer Recaro's apart with Pauls great guidance in mind.

Here's what I'' try to take some parts from:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71735[/ATTACH]

First I took the seat bases off undoing the 6 unbrako bolts:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71734[/ATTACH]

Here's the seperated seat back after taking the side covers and pinns off:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71736[/ATTACH]

Here's a pic of the bask rest pillow off. One can see the hooks off and I still need to undo the wire from the hooks at the top. The plastic list at the bottom, slide off sideways:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71737[/ATTACH]

The I take off the wires all the way around the inside of the seat back cloth. They are fastened in some small hooks, that needs to be bent slightlt with a flat screwdriver. Real easy:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71738[/ATTACH]

The head rest is different on the b,w Recaro's, but still fastened same way, with a big locking clip at the top behind the foam. I just used a set of pliers to undo.

Then it's time to unwrap the cloth:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71739[/ATTACH]

Here's a picture of what it looks like underneath the cloth:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71740[/ATTACH]

On top of seat back, on the rear side, the foam is glued. I just used a sharp knife to "push" off the foam, not to destroy it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71741[/ATTACH]

Finally here's the seat foam freed from seat back, ready to use on my project. More to follow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71742[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Does anyone know if bmw Recaro leather can be bought to cover these foams? Or does anyone know if Golf II Recaro leather covers can be bought and if they fit?

Much appreciated ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71743[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Redfox ;)

Edited by Redfox

An update.

Today I decided I would kill the rest of the bmw seats, so took them completely apart, and then took a deep breath and slaughtered my Corrado Recaro's.

The Corrado now looks like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71767[/ATTACH]

Here I look at how small the side bolster of the original Corrado Recaro is in reality. Very small and not enough supportive:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71768[/ATTACH]

Here I have take off the head rest, and testfitted the bmw Recaro cloth over the leather. Since it's not stuffed out by foam, in real life the bolsters will be bigger:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71769[/ATTACH]

And from another angle to evaluate the idea:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71770[/ATTACH]

Here I have taken off the back rest pillow to expose the hooks that the bolster's wire cling on to:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71771[/ATTACH]

Close up of the wiresystem. I just open the hooks slightly with a flat screwdriver:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71772[/ATTACH]

Next, I take a look at the positioning and the metal support for the bolsters, which clearly looks very small:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71773[/ATTACH]

Then I cut off the supports from the bmw Recaro frames:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71774[/ATTACH]

And then I compare the two. A clear difference in size. And as you all know, size matters;) :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71775[/ATTACH]

Here's a picture of the difference between the bolster foams themselves. Quite a difference. And just as important, the bmw Recaro foam is much harder and more firm than the Corrado Recaro foam:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71779[/ATTACH]

And finally, here's a picture of a loose testfit. The foam will have to be cut for the back rest motor. Further more the thickness of the bolster is also greater, so the driver and passenger will be held more firmly in the seats:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71778[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71780[/ATTACH]

If one compare this with the earlier picture of the original Corrado Recaro foam fitted, there's an immediate difference for the better ;)

Then the day had passed, and I got hungry. So off to do something else.

More later,

Redfox ;)

Edited by Redfox

RF, here's some photos of the Karmann gearstick surround on mine. The one I have on my VR is different in respect to the Karmann logo and also the gearknob itself is different. It has white lettering and is protected underneath a clear plastic cover. The spare one I have for comparison has a different Karmann logo and the gearknob just has the numbers etched with no cover protecting them, hence they have become faded.

Mine definitely does not glow and is not lit so maybe you have seen that somewhere else.

Sorry the pictures are not brilliant, but I hope you get what I mean.

Edited by DriverVR6

Thanks a lot for showing. I must be wrong then. Hmm, maybe someone else did the trick. Do you know when Karmann changed the sign?

Cheers,

Redfox.

No sorry I don't. Mine is a 93 VR6 and it has the better looking Karmann badge, the one with the little wheel emblem. Not sure what year the other one is off.

Yours has the same one as my VR6 doesn't it??

Yes, it does have the later one with the little wheel. I did not have any when I bought the car, and since mine is a 1991 pre facelifted, it should have the old style then, I suppose.

So I managed to find s totalled VR6 some 350 kilometers from my home, and all the way back. Drove there and bought the badge ;)

You know, an excuse for some fast driving and a lunch under the sky ;)

Now I saw a Corrado with early inside door handles, and covered in black leather originally from factory. I am really really wanting those, but where ever I've asked, it's a no no. Maybe some day? If you ever stumble over a set, please just buy them, and I'll post you some money for the expense and trouble right away ;)

They look SO nice.

This is how they look like. Only fit the early door handles:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72064[/ATTACH]

Just ordered some new foam for the Recaros from Germany. Hope to see them here soon. I discovered that the drivers side down, and upper side was shot beyond repair. I got a few other bits and bobs in the same time, so I am getting all excited, ha ha ;)

Winter is soon over, and I am kind of in a bit of a hurry with a lot of projects for the Corrado, to be ready in time for some across Europe fast touring. And the 25'the anniversary in Schlesvig/Holstein of course !!

Cheers,

Redfox.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72052[/ATTACH]

Lower picture are the later facelifted ones. I believe.

Edited by Redfox

Oh look mum what the cat brought in. A delayed Christmas present, A box from Volkswagen full of nonexistent obsolete parts:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72175[/ATTACH]

And this obsolete set of fresh black leather and cushions:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72176[/ATTACH]

Every single part I have ordered from a local VW dealer, who every single time said to me: "No, no and no, cannot be ordered any mre. Does not exist".

So, aparently these parts do not exist ;)

Can't really do the seats yet, as I expect some leathersmith to finish up a special job for the seats as well. More asap, but it's too cold to really do something in the garage these days, so will have to wait for better weather.

I do have a question though: How am I supposed to take out the wrinkles on the seat cover part? Or does it stretch itself away when installed?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

So, I've changed the ignition rotor cover and rotor plus 4 new spark plugs Bosch W6DP0. Before I ran NGK Iridium Power.

That, together with a complete 2½" cat back now pushes 186 Hp and 234 Nm on my otherwise standard engine. More smooth and a bit more willing ;) Happy days ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

A small update,

I finally got to install the correct original rear door gas struts. Originally I recieved two different ones, but quickly was sent another correct all black one.

New ball joints and stainless hardware plus new rubbers makes it all look fine and work as intended. Nice not to have the rear door falling down on your head ;)

Package of goodies ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73050[/ATTACH]

Installing new parts:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73051[/ATTACH]

Most non-original struts are one step only, so they hit top positioning hard. Not great. The original ones. lifts swiftly and then softens down before having opened door fully.

Now, I am getting a bit further with my seat project. I finally got to get the new leather for the front Recaros. As I do not like the original small and slim support (american market crap), I bought two Recaros from a bmw, which have the same upper support foam as a Golf 2 Edition One. I delivered the stuff to Recaro here in my home country and they sewed up some new leather for me to install.

The problems are now knocking on my garagedoor...

I asked them to make it tight and to use very fine grain leather. Not so, I received a set og less fine grained leather, but I know that as you install them, and they sit really tight, the graining will be a lot less (visible). So I cannot judge beforehand.

Her I am unsoldering the seat heating wires:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73052[/ATTACH]

Next, is the motor for adjusting the backrest, which is not on the new foam:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73053[/ATTACH]

so I measured the old one up and it looks like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73054[/ATTACH]

After this is test fitment:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73055[/ATTACH]

So, it fit's fine and here is a real comparison between the two, plus the new foam is harder and fatter, so I will sit more tugged in firmly between the sides:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73056[/ATTACH]

Next, is pulling new leather over the backrest, apart from remembering the small support discs for the headrest. More easy to do it now:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73059[/ATTACH]

So, , here's a shot of the problems so far, grainy leather from stomach, not back, and not tight, and not able to tighten it up, because inside is too loose near top of sides. I got so ****ed, that I left the crap on the spot, and went to build a new carbon mountainbike ;) :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73060[/ATTACH]

Next problem is a bit off line here and there, as tops where head rests are put on, seems a bit loose. Next, the backside seems a bit loose too, and the part where the sides go from thin to fat, are wrinkling. I know that this demands training to sit correctly, and I am insisting on doing this myself.

So I tried, and it came up with this. Note, that it's not finished, as I did not yet install the backrest pillow itself, so much my be different yet:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73061[/ATTACH]

If anyone can help on this, PLEASE help!!!

Next, I got this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73062[/ATTACH]

As I took it apart, I saw that the foam was shot, so I installed new foam and original leather from VW:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73063[/ATTACH]

There are stil a few wingles I have to rub out, but it's minus 13 degrees celsius, and lot's og snow, so I can ahrdly work in the garage, and the leather and foam is really stiff in these temps.

Finally, I glued the supporting flaps back onto the seamframe:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73064[/ATTACH]

That's all for now. More's coming. And if someone can help me with god advice on the leather covers for the back rests, plese please do ;)

Cheers,

Redfox ;)

Edited by Redfox

Time for an update;

First of all, I took a close look at the leather I had made for the backrests, and decided that it wasen't good enough, so had to ask Recaro to make another set in a more fine grained leather. Finally they made it today.

Here I am ready to reassemble the drivers seat, after having the new leather put on correctly. The thing is, that no matter how it's made, there will be a few wringles. So, to get rid of these, there are two things to do. 1. to wait, and time will expand and contract the material to make it sit smooth. 2. to use a special wet hot steam iron. Not your home version, but an iron that sprays a lot of very hot steam on to the leather, which then contracts. Works quite well:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73818[/ATTACH]

Here I am massaging the leather plus mingleling the foam underneath to make the seams sit correctly in the premade channels. Looks so much better, when this is done:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73819[/ATTACH]

Here I am looking at the lesser wringles, and work a bit more on them again. Take your time to do this repeatedly:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73820[/ATTACH]

Here I am showing the nearly put on cover. The thing is to slide the plastic rails most down between the pillow and the side support together. Then put on the metal wire onto the hooks. And only then you push on the similar wire on to the same hooks for the outer cover. Otherwise it's not possible:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73821[/ATTACH]

Okay, this underside is finished, just need a bit of cleaning:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73822[/ATTACH]

Then I added on the side covers, the three little holding pins for that lover cover on each side, then I add the frame for the tilt button, and finally the buttons themselves, plus headrest.

Mind: when taking off the head rests, just press a bit below theblack round plastic fixing for each head rest metal guide, so the sprring inside the backrest relesease the headrest. You can take them off to inspect them as I did, but normally not needed:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73823[/ATTACH]

Then I vacumed the carpets, and then lubed the seat rails with a bit of VW special white sunroof grease ;) And installed the seats. Remembering the wires ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73824[/ATTACH]

Here's another:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73825[/ATTACH]

When looking at the wringles at the lower part of the backrest, remember, that time and a bit more hot steam will seat it propperly.

So, what's it like compared to the standard Corrado Recaro seat?

Well, I have made this project, because the backrest side support on the standard Recaro Corrado seat is not good enough. It's made for people that is bigger (horizontally) than me. So my idea was to use only the original Corrado Recaro seat, and change the backrest side support piece of foam, for one from a Golf 2 Edition One or similar, like used on many other cars. Then add new leather to that. Then I also refreshed the seat base side support with new foam and leather, since it was split and tatty.

Did I manage to get better support?

Well, yes sure! More than expected. The seat now is very deep and hugs you completely and in the same time is not too soft (like it hard), and retain all the Corrado Recaro functions as it still is the correct seat. A minor but very big difference from looks to function.

I will rate this the single most important mod to my Corrado yet, as I took a spin in the Corrado, and I can push it harder through the corners. The side support back rest foam is not only bigger, but also thicker, so it clamps your torso into the position. More cornering speed = more fun ;)

The seats now have:

- original looks

- electric backrest level

- electric seat base level

- electric heated backrest

- electric heated seatbase

- inflatable lumbar support (from bmw)

- bigger and tighter side support

Definately worth the hassle!

Cheers,

Redfox ;)

Edited by Redfox

small update:

Looking at this door seal, I realised that it's pretty tired and noisy:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73971[/ATTACH]

Better inspect the door frame while I'm at it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73972[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73973[/ATTACH]

But since it looks just fine and rustfree, it's time for this now obsolete from vw part:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73976[/ATTACH]

Time to press the new one on, and keep it a bit compressed, so it will not be too short in the future:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73978[/ATTACH]

Finished job:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73979[/ATTACH]

Now, the door is a bit harder to close, and the new seal must bed in, or door striker adjusted. Anyway, it tighter and more quiet to drive. So I'd better do it on the other side as well ;)

Cheers,

Redfox ;)

Edited by Redfox

All right, time to sort out that sunroof!

Here's the problem: the slider onthe left side had broken it's tip off, exacty where the push/pull cable is connected, therefore only the tip moves, not the sliding mechanism, and the sunroof goes down in only one side, and cannot close, slide or open.. Another problem is that the little rubber ring on the hook in each side at the rear, is deformed. A third problem is bad greasing and lubrication.. Use only vw sunroof grease:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73996[/ATTACH]

First I take it apart.

Push back the inner sunroof:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73997[/ATTACH]

Then loosen the 4 small torx screws and lift out the outer sunroof:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73998[/ATTACH]

Then I took off the interior light and sunroof switch panel, and wires:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73999[/ATTACH]

Then I took off the two sun shields and wires for the passenger side:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74000[/ATTACH]

Then I took off the sunroof cut out trim gently, taking care not to bend it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74001[/ATTACH]

Gently lift off the two covers on the passenger grab handle, and unscrew the handle:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74002[/ATTACH]

Then I took off the two coat hangers. Be careful not to loose the small bushings that it seats into!:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74003[/ATTACH]

Carefully I took off the rear door upper trim, as it may also be seated with a dot of sticky black adhedsive, followed by the front one, which is held by some v-shaped clips:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74004[/ATTACH]

Then i turned the inner sunroof part 90 degrees and lifted it out through the open roof.

Now, I took off the screws that hold the a,b and c-pillars, removed the a-pillars, but I let the ba nd c in place, but loosened, and with the help of a friend, I very carefully lifted out the inner roof out through the rear dood.. Just hold the b and c-pillars out a bit, and slide the inner roof slowly, taking care of the foam pieces on top of it. They were shot, so I renewed them later on.

Then take off the 4 drain tubes, by twisting them a bit, then they slide off easily, as they are now exposed after lifting the inner roof out:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74005[/ATTACH]

Then I detatched the motordrive for the sunroof:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74006[/ATTACH]

With a blanket as serurity on the front seats headrests, I took out all the sunroof frame bolts and lifted out the whole black sunroof frameout the right side door:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74007[/ATTACH]

I took the whole frame indoor, put a blanket in the living room, and here's the 6 repairset:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74008[/ATTACH]

Working one side at a time, it's easy enough to just slide off the end cap and the whole one side sets of mechs:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74009[/ATTACH]

and:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74010[/ATTACH]

Undo the very small lock clips and jsut replace the sets, then slide it all back in and place the rear hook in it's cut out in the big black sunroof frame. When sliding it all back in, the mech should be reset to the position at the picture:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74011[/ATTACH]

And the front parts (one in each side, should be most forward. The rear part in each side should be slided so that the hook faals into the cut out in the black frame, and the motor should be winded fully forward (tilted position), and two rotations backwards, to correspond to the slide position.

Remember to use only the vw sunroof grease, at least I did. Also I changed all 6 repair sets, as I thought that another would break soon, ans I would like to avoid a repair again any time soon ;)

Here's the new mech ready for one side:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74012[/ATTACH]

After I installed the sunroof mech in the car, adjusted it in height both front and rear and tested it, after having greased it liberally, and testing it to work perfect again, I replaced most of the inner roof foam pieces as they were bust and came out as dust, probably because of heat over the years. This cheap door seal from a home depot works a treat:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74013[/ATTACH]

This job is not at all difficult, I just had to make it carefully and slowly and take my time. I now enjoy my new working sunroof that does not scratch itself and actually work as intended ;)

Cheers,

Sunfox ;)

Edited by Redfox