Sign in to follow this  
Bobbywhacker

Post Service...... phew!!

Col-in the Corrado came thru nicely about from I now need a new front n centre box..... anyone know the difference in price in getting these as opposed to grabbing a full miltek or supersprint system.. and is it really worth going the stainless route? I don't want excessive noise!!!

If your centre box is gone, you're gonna have to replace the rear box too - it's attached...

either that, or chop it off..

I don't think so............i removed my center box and no axles were moved on my car. i replaced it with a bigger straight pipe and a supersprint backbox. The sound is GREAT!

I agree with Bobbywhacker, get a sports exhausted fitted it does work out almost the same price as OE ones but, you get the added satisfaction of deeper sound and performance :D . I've got a Magnex cat back system on my 2.0l 16v and it sounds good. not too loud!! :D

Interestingly, I was talking to a guy recently who was looking to go back to standard VW exhaust on his 16v due to the milltek being subtlely too loud.. My personal opinion is I'd rather have the OE for less pennies than the aftermarket, given that it'll last for ten years or so and it'll be as quiet as the original. I think the performance angle is open to argument too...

My 2p, anyway.