Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Phil K's old C and others - new German Coupe!

:lol:

Thinking of keeping it as OEM looking as possible... So the D90 route would be good... Just seeing how far I can go.. 8's would be nice :roll:

mtc R32 Yeah the D90 routes a good subtle mod, the Castilets look very D90 anyway so not a big leap away from stock...

Bung them against the car and lets all have a look! ;)

Well it's been a good ol' day in Golf land... MOT time! Never a good thing when a car is still new to you but with a little effort it's there and passed 8)

I needed to fit new front pads, headlights and number plate and as luck would have it there were some tasty crystal items to hand! Big thanks to Tim and the lads down at The Phirm for helping me out today and putting up with my eternal borrowing requests 8)

With a bit of luck we'll have some sunshine tomorrow and I'll get the schmidts back on for some more pics...

ahh, you can forgive it a little work, when it looks like that 8)

Never been a fan of the Mk1 but that looks great!

Probably the first time i have heard that

each to their own of course.

Looking good phil missing the rado?

Not especially tbh... the cab and leon more than make up for it with power / handling and you get just as many looks 8)

I'd like to get a VR one day but it's a way off yet...

Does your mrs not mind you doing things to her car? Are these your choice or her choice in mods to the rivage?

Cheers Dinky :lol:

They're my choice to a certain extent but all approved by her - the car belongs to both of us so it would be unfair to do anything to it that she didn't like... I originaly wanted to put crystal cross hair lights on but they didn't get the vote so plain crystal ones it is!

As for the wheels they're mine and I have bought them with the intention of only really putting them on and using them for shows/meets but can get away with the odd week or so before having to go back to the Castelets (sp?)

Looks nice, but I still maintain that you are a lesbian Phil :lol:

ROFL....

looking good phil, seems like your mrs has better taste in mods, shame abt her taste in men!!!!

Phil, message from the MK1 forum, you need to sort out that short wooden leg of yours, it spoils the angle of some of your photos.. :lol:

The mk1 is no more... went off with a nice lad from Devon on Tuesday night and I'm sure it'll be much loved! He's planning to take it to Run to the Sun in a couple of weeks so keep your eyes pealed if you're down there!

Will get some pics of the replacement once it's clean again - maybe not to everyones taste but still VAG and would look great on some BBS RS301's ;)

He's planning to take it to Run to the Sun in a couple of weeks so keep your eyes pealed if you're down there!

I'll keep an eye out in a couple of weeks dude but RTTS is this weekend so he might be a bit late! :lol:

So come on then, don't go all 'scene' on us keeping the replacement as a secret :camp: - what ya got?

A2 isnt it?

Correct-a-mundo! Yeah we picked up a nice little 51 reg Audi A2 - quite an underated car IMO! Good MPG, pretty nippy for a 1.4, tardis like space inside and the stereo is way better than anything I've heard in a standard car! The Mrs is chuffed to bits with it and loves the panoramic roof! It'll most likely stay standard for now but we'd like to change the wheels at some point...

So my main toy is the LCR for now and I'm planning to start spending on some go faster bits and peices once the finances recover from the impending wedding and honeymoon :D

And you're right Walsey - look out for the Golf this weekend at RTTS :oops:

um... thanks, I think! All part of getting old I guess - life on the straight and narrow! I'll be a married man in less than 7 weeks and it was never going to be ideal having the Mrs using my weekend toy as a daily!

All I can say is that she's very chuffed with her new motor and whilst it may still be novelty factor I almost prefer it to the Leon! Better stereo and build quality and I keep feeling like I have to justify having the power of the Leon when I spend most of my time sat in traffic...

Will most likely keep the LCR for another year (until next bonus) then opt back in to the company car scheme (keeping an eye on the new Passat Coupe) and what I have left from the extra dough will go into a new weekend toy... maybe VW (prob VR6) but if I have enough I think I'll be headed for the Porsche stable 8)

Hey Phil, you wont be disapointed with the A2, we've got one not long ago.. 1.4 TDI.. such a good little motor.. so cheap to run, bro just detailed it, looks like new only done 44k now, I had it remapped, goes really well & upsets a few peeps too :lol: