northG60

X4 brand new(genuine) G60 BBS on ebay....

Just spotted this on the bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORRADO-G60-SET-4-BBS-ALLOYS-191601025AE-GENUINE-NEW-/350493906160?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item519b1094f0

seems a little on the steep side.........although getting a knackered set is becoming harder

just noticed this doesnt inc centre caps.......

Edited by northG60

As nice as it would be to have a very minty fresh set of these, once youve got centre caps and then some decent rubber all round your talking around £1200 and not to put the wheels down but you could get a much nicer set of BBS RM's or RS's for that kinda cash.........and they wont loose their money like this set will

Yep a lot of wonga but these were nearly £400 each were they not? so 4 brand spankers at half price.....

If i had it i'd have them like a shot, you cant buy a good second hand set for less than £200 these days then another £200 to refurb them and they are never flawless from my own experience.

Not to be controversial but i'm gutted i cant afford them Lol!

Yep a lot of wonga but these were nearly £400 each were they not? so 4 brand spankers at half price.....

If i had it i'd have them like a shot, you cant buy a good second hand set for less than £200 these days then another £200 to refurb them and they are never flawless from my own experience.

Not to be controversial but i'm gutted i cant afford them Lol!

Now there's honesty. While some may mock, others just say what should be said

Now there's honesty. While some may mock, others just say what should be said

It's not mocking - just difference of opinion. I stand by what I said before. Just because VW used to charge £400/wheel, doesn't make them worth anything near that. And even at this "bargain" price once you stick them on the car they're probably worth £300 even with tyres. What's the point! A refurbished set would probably be 98% as good and 1/3 the price.

It's not mocking - just difference of opinion. I stand by what I said before. Just because VW used to charge £400/wheel, doesn't make them worth anything near that. And even at this "bargain" price once you stick them on the car they're probably worth £300 even with tyres. What's the point! A refurbished set would probably be 98% as good and 1/3 the price.

True but they never are quite the same colour and lacquer after a refurb.

They are taking the mickey though, I picked up a set of brand new G60s with centre caps still in the dealer boxes for £100 a wheel 18 months ago and they were obsolete back then as well, not exactly a bargin but £100 a corner for BBS alloys is pretty good money in my book. I also found a brand new spare for £75 (no centre cap) delivered in the last 3 months as I need a full size spare, so this is a rip off really.