Peebee

Thinking about selling

Now MOD's bare with me here. I don't want to add to Classified just yet as I am not sure on value. I'm thinking of selling my Bordeaux Pearl 4 Motion conversion Corrado. As you may know it's a 2.8 24v V6 engine and this ones outing around 215-220bhp.

So straight to the pros and Cons.

Pros

• 4 motion engine from a Bora, just over 70.000 miles on the engine

• Full Grey leather interior, heated front seats

• Sits on colour coded Porsche Design 90's, 9's at the back, 8's at the front

• Full stainless exhaust system

• Kevlar high performance pod speakers

• Lowered on FK Coilovers

• Under side of car has been wax oiled in preparation for winter

• 6 months MOT

Cons

• Couple of small dents and general ware on body

• Tiny bit of rust just above front bumper (really thats the only rust on the car)

• ABS sensor faulty, ABS still works!

• passenger side heated element is faulty

• Interior blower does not work

• Tax runs out soon but may tax it again anyway

• Needs new water pump!

Now, I can get the water pump fixed and charge X amount for said car or leave it and charge a bit less.

With all this in mind it's hard to put a price on the car. Can some one shed some light on the situation for me?

Any other questions please ask.

Many thanks,

Paul.

I can mate, don't be an idiot and keep it. Don't make me come round and have to tell you face to face!

Seriously, why do you want to sell? When you are C less you will regret it, there is nothing quite like one in my mind. Mine is staying with the rest of the keepers now as I would only end up getting another.

I'm not as close to the market as I was last year when buying. But I'd guess the engine conversion adds some value so I'll suggest it is worth around £3k. It loses a little value for having low tax, faulty heated seat, no blower and needing a waterpump. And the ABS (which is an MOT failure) won't help either. You'd get more money for it if you fixed the issues of course. Especially in a poor market like today.

But why do you want to sell? I've seen quite a few boomerang owners come back again so make sure you think it through. The issues probably aren't going to cost a huge amount to fix so maybe get them done and then think about it again? And if you still want to sell then put it up for £4k+ when they are done.

I went out for a drive tonight after finishing a really crap week at work. It was dark, roof open, music on, kids in the car. It still felt special. yes it was noisy and rough compared to something modern. But it was special. It had character. I could have gone in the Golf but the Corrado is an event. Do you really want to sell?

Edited by Portent

It just seems to be one problem after another and if I'm honest I just don't have the funds to keep 2 cars going. I can barely afford to fix it let alone tidy up the body work.

I am 2 minds about selling and Rob, me, you and Rich are still yet to go for a few bevys so feel free to come say it to my face, just bring Richy! lol

I do fancy something newer but also something easier on the pocket!

I few drinks does sound very good, need to get it sorted! But back on track, car has to go! Selling my Honda and Corrado and buying something a to replace both.

not to put a dampener on the sale, but for a very non-standard car you are looking at a very specific type of customer. The work will no doubt be top notch but a major conversion doesnt always add value unfortunately. Personally, I do like it, i must admit ;) I'm sure the right buyer will appear soon, glws.