dragon green

Dragon Greens Ride- IT LIVES

Eight days after coming home to see a woman swerve for a cat and doing this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49343[/ATTACH]

rear bumper,panel below boot,rear quarter panel,two wheels,passenger door,slam panel,both headlights,one rear lamp,grill (pushed into another car)

Met the assessor today,as i have agreed value(5k) receipt folder thick as your wrist,every trim,seal,spare lights (f&r)and being its age and the near classic status,i can use second hand parts !

(got p-door,bumper & slam panel for £80)

He has valued mine at £5.5k and given the bodyshop £4750 !!

NOT A WRITE OFF

rear quarter and lower boot panel still available,as it was booked in for a windows out respray (this weekend)its going to cost me a lot less for the respray !! HAPPY DAYS

Going to take ten days for the bodypanels to come from Germany,(i go on holiday in a week)

Thanks for all the support,

P.S. within two hours of reporting accident i have a new Astra turbo to keep until mines finished.

Great to hear this, what a relief it must be. Who are you insured with btw? Is it your insurance sorting or the person who hit you? (just wondering as it's a pretty damn quick turnaround!)

I'm insured with Greenlight, but on the advice of my bodyshop guy, I rang a company called Qdos,they are a governing body who oversee the insurers ! They guarantee I get 90-95% of the value of the car,and the right to buy it back ! And being as old as it is they understand old second hand parts can be used !

I informed my insurers first,then rang Qdos,2hrs later a hirecar was delivered,that afternoon my bodyshop guy was out giving e a quote, a week later,cars in sorted !

All going through the womans insurance,she admitted liability to the Police,I had written confirmation from her insurers 2 days later !

My insurance hasn't done a thing ! All done by Qdos,and no it doesn't cost a thing to me.