Tempest

Look who´s back? Finally!

After 4 long months at the bodyshop following a rather nerve-wrecking incident on our return from the Roadstar event in the Netherlands driving down the crappie A120 just outside Harwich, I collected my beloved Mk1 Rocco today from the bodyshop where the chap who runs the place has performed a miracle: Reshaped the bent bonnet and reproduced the elaborate airbrush on the bonnet. Removed 2 dents from the roof, where the bonnet must have impacted in some way, wings, and the scuttle tray, where the bonnet hinges had nicely cut into.

I could not sleep through Friday night, I was and still am that excited, like a small schoolboy (easy to please, I know :) ).

Big thanks to Jim for driving me up to the bodyshop in his VR :)

Some pics of my Mk1 still at the bodyshop today:

100_0932.jpg

100_0933.jpg

100_0934.jpg

100_0935.jpg

100_0936.jpg

100_0937.jpg

Pics of at home where my Rado said hello:

100_0939.jpg

100_0940.jpg

My Rado had to vacate the garage, as that is the only one the Mk1 can fit and drive ionto (without grounding etc.) Fortunately the Rado has its own garage, but thatś appreciately smaller, but still, away from the elements.

Off for the annual MOT (only 2 months late :lol: ) on Monday, and ready to enjoy a little more, before my Mk1 wanders off into its wintersleep.

Tempest

Edited by Tempest

So pleased it's all sorted, and they managed to get it up to it's original high standards 8) Always loved this car :)

Thanks chaps for the comments :)

MOT time tomorrow after I spent the whole day today doing my annual inspections (spend some time underneath checking things), and yes, it´s usually the emissions thanks to a rather aggressive camshaft ;)

So much fun to drive, great weather, so can still enjoy it for a little bit, before it goes into winter hibernation.

Tempest

Why is it airbrushed?

Germans love airbrushing.. and the car was built by Haas Sporting Projects in Germany! It's just their way! :)