dragon green

Now with new paint and leather

Owned the car for over eleven years,always been a daily driver,

not going back in time and tell you what i have done to my car,just that i paid £6999 in 2000 with 42k on the clock,it now has 163k !

Story starts nearly two weeks ago,(10-10pm Monday) when a woman swerved for a cat, hit mine,pushing it into another parked car ! While mine was parked !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49468[/ATTACH]

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?58454-Dragon-Greens-Ride-IT-LIVES

I found one being broken local to me (e-bay) rear bumper,passenger door,slam panel and he let me cut out the nearside rear light "aperture" All new boot panel and rear quarter panel have been ordered from Germany

As the car was going in for a respray,and i had been collecting parts (seals ,rubbers etc etc)and with the second hand parts i have supplied,there should be enough money from the insurance (£4750) to fix the car and respray it !

Other parts not listed but wrecked in the accident included both headlights,rear light,grill and TWO wheels and one tyre !

Had spare lights (f&r)and grill and a big thank you to Robrado974 for selling me a set of Estorils,now in the refurbishers !

Thanks everybody for the kind words,still dont believe they never wrote it off,here`s a few pics what it used to look like,stay tuned for updates

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49472[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49473[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49467[/ATTACH]

The car is in the bodyshop now,i go on holiday early Wednesday for ten days,with the promise of updates and pics by e-mail !

Edited by dragon green

nice to see you are getting her sorted , glad the wheels are being put to use ,they were takin up room in the garage ! . looking forward to pics of how things are going . Rob

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49476[/ATTACH]Put these on the day before the accident, the Mk4 calipers took some "shaving" to get the wheel to fit !

Now i need a full size spare !

Thanks to Rob,i have !! lol

Greeny i havent seen your car mate,sorry and glad for you.Glad your getting it sorted!

One of my buddies was down the nurburgring yesterday and seen a g60 get written off into a barrier,felt sad

Picked my wheels up tonight,machine cut with anthracite "scallops"

5284d791-251f-5a9c.jpg

After reading the tyre thread,I decided to go with Continental sport contact 2 (3 not available in my size)

Small update,

Rear panel has arrived,still waiting for the rear quarter panel to arrive from Germany. Rear windows and hatch are out,drivers door is off,(passengers door nearly off) both bumpers off,(irons are at the blasters) bonnet and slam panel off,

Preparation has started !

A few pics

52848b33-2585-6c32.jpg

I managed to cut this out of a local one I found being broken of e-bay,it's the inner skin for the rear light.

5284f8a6-2612-ba33.jpg

Sounds like you're making good progress already. Your enthusiasm for getting your C back on the road is very inspiring :) Will be watching this thread with interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome! good to see its not getting written off because of a Cat and a women!. just out of interest do you know how much the rear quarter panel was?

Chased the suppliers up,cant get rear quarter as classic parts now have them !

bodyshop now has reordered (and paid) for panel £678 !! 2-3 weeks delivery,

its been 4 weeks in the hire car,looks like another 5 to come ! all on her insurance,

they took the Astra turbo back when i went on holiday,now have a BMW 320D

neither a patch on my Corrado

Edited by dragon green

Still waiting for the quarter panel !

But the bodyshop are still working on it,they were really surprised to find hardly any rust ! 19 years old and solid ! Win

5284f89d-e5bc-8763.jpg

5284f89d-e615-2478.jpg

5284f89d-e66e-f4e2.jpg

Looks like good progress here. The penny has just dropped but I think I have parked next/near to you a few times in Tonbridge Sainsburys car park a couple of times when going up to London, not for a while though. Mine is a G60 the same colour as yours but with 15" RS's. Don't know if you've seen it?

Who is doing the work for you? Anyone local to Tonbridge? Want to get full respray sometime next year, recommendations are welcome.

Yep I have admired yours in the car park, Rusthall coachworks are doing the work,it's where it was going for a respray before the daft woman hit it !

You should pop over there and have a chat with them,top blokes.

Ah good... Yeah, I will definitely pay them a visit when I get the work done. My car is SORN at the moment and will be for a while unfortunately. Hope all goes well with the repair, looking forward to the progress.

Panel still hasn't turned up from Classic parts !

Had a go with tinting my rear lights,(subtle tint) with Lamin-x pleased with how they came out,may cut out the White reversing squares,practicality being the main reason

5284f8a0-a850-2377.jpg

Had some over so I did my spare USA side markers(only 1 done in pic)

52848be6-a8a4-5591.jpg

Have done the indicators and fogs previously, nearly did the headlights,(I did one) but didnt want to loose any of my beams !

Still running around in the courtesy car, easily the worst handling car I've driven in 20 years !

Edited by dragon green

Wow suprised it's taking that long. But they are moving there parts warehouse to another city at the moment I thinkg. I do know someone there who speak English. Did you want me to see if I can get a date?

Wow suprised it's taking that long. But they are moving there parts warehouse to another city at the moment I thinkg. I do know someone there who speak English. Did you want me to see if I can get a date?

if you dont mind,it`s supposed to be here next week,but who knows !

After six and a half weeks the rear quarter panel turned up ! panel now on,rear panel on,passenger door on(for lining up reasons) rear panel has had all holes and seams welded up for the smooth look ! 2nd hand door used as mine was damaged in the accident,gutted about that as it was the best panel on the car !

Rear light holder is a 2nd hand one i cut out of the breaker that supplied doors and bumper !

Had both bumper irons blasted and flame painted,then done in top coat black !

(powdercoating is for pussies ! )

pics to follow

Sorry about the quality of the pics,a mixture of lighting in the workshop and my I-phone !

5284edd5-5d46-51a9.jpg

5284efeb-5da5-2931.jpg

5284efeb-5dfe-2544.jpg

2nd hand slam panel will be going in here,new passenger wing,bonnet has been stripped to bare metal.

Oil cooler and FMIC on view for all you 20vt wannabes ! lol

5284efeb-5ee8-eb6a.jpg

looking good man.What type of fmic is that? My Golf G60 is great fit but the pipes are a complete ar$e ache as left one needs a sharp 120 degree bend.Plus trying to find the radiator from g60 that ends in 'H' is a pain as one i have is 3-4 inch smaller

pity you dont have your motor finished yet but good things come to those who wait ;)

In all fair honesty im comin in at three in the morning so unless your like me (bit of a madhead) and drive at stupid o'clock in the morning you wont see me.Might swing by on the way back though as got few hours to kill and its at normal hours