dragon green

Now with new paint and leather

After my little road trip,work and back again,509 miles,I filled up,

A little maths,and I got just over 41 to the gallon !

What was nice ! lol

awesome! good to see its not getting written off because of a Cat and a women!. just out of interest do you know how much the rear quarter panel was?

That Bloody Cat women did it again! I hope they catch this Cat Women of yours that hit your car so that Justice will be served and get this Gem back to its Essence again!

looking really nice top class car now, i had a a3 1.8turbo quattro chipped god it went like hell 235 bhp

Small update,

Changed my gear surround from this

5adaafad-0df6-169f.jpg

My leather clad one(thanks Badgerman) with a filed down Dave's surround,

Bought a new one of Dave(thanks mate) to complement my new,standard one,with added Karmann illumination from Spoonfedtuning(thanks Dogger)

I will try and get a few pics when it's "proper" dark

5adaafad-0f2e-04c7.jpg

Day out at North Weald dragstrip today,well busy !

did two runs,both similiar but the best was 14.77@99mph ! achieved by only using the first three gears !

i know my diesel gearbox isnt suited to drag racing,but i had to give it a go !

Impressed the announcer knew it was a Corrado (mines badgeless) i was the only C there,but i left unbeaten ! lol

Day out at North Weald dragstrip today,well busy !

did two runs,both similiar but the best was 14.77@99mph ! achieved by only using the first three gears !

i know my diesel gearbox isnt suited to drag racing,but i had to give it a go !

Impressed the announcer knew it was a Corrado (mines badgeless) i was the only C there,but i left unbeaten ! lol

I wish I had gone now, would have been good to take a look around your corrado. Looks very good.

Last year I got 15 secs dead at 100mph at North Weald in my Mk4 Golf 1.8t. My Corrado is currently in bits and part way through a Megasquirt and ITB conversion.

I'll probably go to the next one. I usually go to them all.

I've been going for the last 20 years ! But that was the first time I've raced a front wheeled car !

I think the next one is June 17th,

I like that. I'm a big fan of hotrods and muscle cars.

My dream garage includes a 68 or 69 Camaro, or possibly a notch back Mustang, oh and maybe a nice Dodge Charger.

This is one of my favourite cars that turns up at North Weald occasionaly (and the reason why I like nothch back Mustangs).

16374cc1c2d290a1b.bmp

Had a top time at the Nationals,spoke to many,apologies if I didn't speak to you !

Just got on the M25 on the way home,45mph,BANG !! Ruddy stonechip right in my line of vision !

5284e5e9-48d9-4116.jpg

I couldn't resist putting a pic on !

Finally got round to doing my bonnet insulation,

5284eba3-139f-6669.jpg

Excuse the pics,but I was under my car port,and the sun had switched to Scorchio !

All stripped off !

5284e98d-1442-3cd8.jpg

I used an old credit card and nearly a whole can of this

5284eaf4-1497-05a5.jpg

Karl (KADVR6) recommended it,and it does work,

Here's how it came from the dealers,I believe it's obsolete now !

5284ea98-152e-132b.jpg

All stuck on !

5284e9e6-15a8-06df.jpg

5284ea98-15ce-49c9.jpg

And a random engine shot !

5284e98d-1606-33dc.jpg

ahhh another drag racer ...... my old man races in the wild bunch class and our dragster is called Jurrasic Parts and my uncle and cousin race a fuel altered class and thats called Motor Psycho ? dunno if you know those cars ?

also where did you get the strut brace from mate?

Nice new bonnet waffles :) Nice talking to you at the GB National. We were the first two corrado there. Hers a pic to prove it :)

VWVW we certainly were !

it was good to meet you,the day went so quick,i just ran out of time to talk to everyone !

northG60 - the Eilbach front strut brace i bought 2nd hand, (ED38) they do turn up every so often !

I'm sure ive seen Jurrasic parts run,the wild bunch always put on a good show ! I only go to Shakey once a year,but i do all the major events at Santa Pod,i do a bit of part-time crewing for my mates Pro-mod,just dont seem to have enough time to give him more !

Looks really good mate. Im currently removing the insulation under the bonnet on the 2.0 16v as its just crumbling! Where did you source your replacement foam from if you dont mind me asking? I should have my VR6 project home next weekend and would imagine I will need to re-do the insulation on that aswell! This could get expensive,Haha.

Good work though bud. :)

I bought mine about 12 months ago from the dealers,am sure it's obsolete now !

Not sure if Classic parts have any ! Pm PatMcCrotch,he can find out for you !

hmmmm i'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that eilbach strutbrace ......yours is the exact type im after dammit

yeah wild bunch is a good class to run in everyone is always willing to help and a good laugh .......yeah if you see us at any of the events mate come say hello here is a picy of it