sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

I need to get my 17s back, just waiting for the last throws of winter to pass!

Sounds like its nearly done dave im looking forward to seeing the final full corrado last time i saw it it had the big dent in the side lol

Afraid not chris im waiting for the better weather to come so i can spray it i wish it was tho , i have taken the side strips of so maybe its taking the eye off it

Pete thats what iv been like with the winter months iv been a slob not doing anything but a nice day a few weeks ago kinda jumpstarted me in to getting things sorted for summer

Its been a long time coming but i think wer nearly out of the winter now its time to enjoy the cars again

Cheers for the comments everyone looks like hard work does pay off

After all

Yes mate, it is indeed Milltek as I thought just unfortunately they don't make replacement bits anymore so got Pipewerx to fit it and make up a new straight piece,

Awful fit but they sorted that too so it looks great!

Mcdaddy looks like you got a bargain then im suprised it was a bad fit it wasnt a problem on mine but i do think rados are known for having bad aftermarket systems that rub and bang

Bit of an update again not alot but got the bmc cda of ebay and a piece of silicone hose from ash silicone hoses

Fitted it today and made a small bracket that holds on the the belt tensioner to hold it secure

Sounds great and feels alot smoother than when i had the old cone filter on

The only thing i dont like about it is that the writing faces the wrong way !! Its all upside down ! I thought it was me fitting it wrong but seems it is the right way round

d5cde948-a3bd-19a0.jpgd5cde948-a3de-607b.jpgd5cde948-a40b-3a9f.jpg

Looking good mate :) First thing i did to my car was fit a BMC CDA (i think it was anyways!) haha

Cheers phil yea it needed it the old filter , the mesh had gone rusty so was deffo in need of a change and it fills the cave like gap removing the airbox leaves behind and smartens things up a bit

Phil are you heading down to elescar again this year ??

Just a little update

Fitted the engine mounts bought in the group buy today feels better now and although theres a little more vibration it nothing to cry about

Dint take long with jays fitting guide so thanks for that and for organising the group buy

b24e410d-b960-bc43.jpg

Mcdaddy looks like you got a bargain then im suprised it was a bad fit it wasnt a problem on mine but i do think rados are known for having bad aftermarket systems that rub and bang

Bit of an update again not alot but got the bmc cda of ebay and a piece of silicone hose from ash silicone hoses

Fitted it today and made a small bracket that holds on the the belt tensioner to hold it secure

Sounds great and feels alot smoother than when i had the old cone filter on

The only thing i dont like about it is that the writing faces the wrong way !! Its all upside down ! I thought it was me fitting it wrong but seems it is the right way round

d5cde948-a3bd-19a0.jpgd5cde948-a3de-607b.jpgd5cde948-a40b-3a9f.jpg

that filter is the wrong way around mate, you need to correct that ASAP.

Nice one Matt, how do you know when your old ones are knackered?

Cheers chris well i jumped in on the group buy tbh but i dont think that the origional mounts had been changed and seeing as tho they had done 100,000 i thought they may have needed changing ! Plus i could rock the engine a fair bit with my hands

---------- Post added at 1:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:07 AM ----------

that filter is the wrong way around mate, you need to correct that ASAP.

Cheers mate i did notice that and after some confusement with it got it sorted

Little update nothing special , the sound proofing under the bonnet was a mess so removed that and al the glue and gave the underside of yhe bonnet a goid clean also did the engine bay while i was at it and it can up pretty well

1f5512cd-7430-a0b3.jpg1f5512cd-7442-96a9.jpg1f5512cd-7457-1af2.jpg1f5512cd-7469-7c30.jpg1f5512cd-747f-866d.jpg

Does the sound proofing make much difference? Mine is a little tired now and was thinking of stripping it off.

Cheers kad the stuff i used was from a company cakked mtc ! I will double check that for you its cakked glue and tar remover , the best stuff i have ever used to remove glue ever and it melts tar spots like nothing else aswell

Dave it does make a little difference tbh not massively tho but mines quite loud anyway with the bmc and no cat and full stainless system

And as far as i am aware it doesent make a lot of difference , i took it off my old valver and it was fine for two years im sure the bonnet gets hot with or without it the temos a vr runs lol

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Temps !! God damn i phone im always pressing the wrong buttons

Another little update been doing the arches well iv only done one but the other will get done wen i have the time and weather

Decided to paint the partbof the disk that always rusts

Also cleaned and gave the arch a good goin over and rubbed down the caliper and carrier and gave it a spray with vht silver

So now its all fresh to look at

Few pics

4d566f0c-9d8b-2615.jpg4d566f0c-9d9f-63dc.jpg4d566f0c-9db3-50cc.jpg4d566f0c-9dcf-f189.jpg4d566f0c-9ded-394a.jpg4d566f0c-9e05-9204.jpg4d566f0c-9e27-d056.jpg4d566f0c-9e78-7009.jpg4d566f0c-9e96-8695.jpg4d566f0c-9ebf-2f74.jpg

Also a few pics from big bang what swiftkid had taken on the way back to capture the muddyness haha

Love the last pic. Corrado's have so much more presence on the road than most modern cars.

Small update supposed to be saving for a house but seem to have another set of wheels in the garage now !!

Not on the car yet but will be soon not sure what to do with both sets now im thinking of selling both sets next spring and get something shiney

1f488ce9-f865-a69c.jpg1f488ce9-f884-6fb6.jpg

My old car god I miss it but from the build thread it looks like it is in very good hands! As for the dodgy air filter u removed not guilty! Am guilty for the rollovers though they were cheap I was stink and it was running standard shocks when I brought it! Had it of this very forum from a chap in Gloucestershire I'm from the westmidlands so wasn't too far from me but oh my the drive back in it was something else!!

---------- Post added at 8:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:30 PM ----------

Coilovers and skint I think is what I meant to say!!!bloody predictive txt!