Alex_G60_Fanatic

Window Rollers - on hiatus due to c*ck up

And installed in the door!

They appear to work fine. Given the density of SLS parts they are a little less stiff and probably won't last as long as the original parts, but since I've just had the first one fail after 20 years I suspect these will hold up OK. The print has come out a little under-size in all dimensions compared to the CAD model, but I'm wary of increasing the size of the model to compensate 'cos there's no guarantee that another print run might not come out with the tolerances in the other direction.

In summary: first batch appears to be a success, no guarantees for longevity, will sell parts on at cost.

They ended up costing me £2.40 per caster so that's what you pay. Will work out P&P costs this afternoon. I'm not charging for my time (let's consider it an offering to the universal spirit of classic car ownership), but of course if people are feeling flush and want to add, say, the price of a pint of beer to their payment then that would be greatly appreciated!

Will send out PMs to those first in line for this batch once total costs are figured out.

All the best,

--

Olly

Going to cheekily use the works post person to send these out, they're going to get me prices tomorrow so bear with me. Gives me a chance to wind the window down and up a few times while driving home from work so will have the extra confidence of more testing ;o)

Cheers,

--

Olly

Hokay, P&P costs for a set of 4 casters:

UK first class: £1

UK signed for: £2

Europe untracked: £3

USA untracked: £3.50

Europe tracked: £17 (yes, I know)

USA tracked: £15.50

PMs going out to first in line for this batch shortly with payment details etc.

Cheers,

--

Olly

Hokay,

PMs going out to first in line for this batch shortly with payment details etc.

Cheers,

--

Olly

Hello Olly,

Great work - all much appreciated.

Couple of questions, please :

1]
could you publish a list of usernames in each batch

2]
have you got a likely timescale yet for the follow-on 2nd batch

Regards & Thanks,

Robert

Please let me know when there is more, mine were shafted when they came off, anyone know if it's be same setup on a mk2 golf?

Hi again all, sorry for the silence - was pretty busy over the weekend. First batch all paid for (thank you) and either posted or going out today, I will place the order for the next batch this evening.

Here's the list of people in this thread who have asked for some, please let me know of any mistakes and / or fill in any question marks:

seanl82 (4x, UK) PMed, paid

Hisnibs (8x, ?) PMed, paid

Tigerfish (4x, UK) PMed, paid, posted

---end of batch 1---

pbradley98 (4x, UK)

vagstuff (6x, ?)

3xxx3 (8x, Denmark)

mithoule (4x, ?)

stevemlc (4x, ?)

Wompa (4x, Sweden)

Sean_Jaymo (4x, UK)

vw rule (4x, UK)

g0ldf1ng3r (4x, UK)

vr6scott (4x, ?)

eugopnosaj (4x, UK)

Philuk (?, UK)

Assuming Philuk wants 4, that makes for 54 required in the next batch.

All the best,

--

Olly

anyone know if it's be same setup on a mk2 golf?

Quick look at vagcat says no. These are Corrado only.

Cheers,

--

Olly

Hi again all, sorry for the silence - was pretty busy over the weekend. First batch all paid for (thank you) and either posted or going out today, I will place the order for the next batch this evening.

Here's the list of people in this thread who have asked for some, please let me know of any mistakes and / or fill in any question marks:

All the best,

--

Olly

Hello Olly,

Many Thanks for publishing the list - the clarity's much appreciated, and I've updated my details for the 2nd batch as below :

vagstuff (6x,
UK
)

Hello mate,

I'll have 4 rollers please if poss.

Please let me know when you have them.

Many thanks

Si

Hello Olly,

I've just paid via PayPal family & friends payment,

plus I've left a note of my forum user name and postage address.

PS, I've also sent you a PM of the above.

Thanks again

Si

Thanks all.

Everyone else, I'll PM you payment details as soon as the parts arrive, then get on with packing them up for post. It'll take me a couple of lunch breaks to get them all wrapped up so by the time people have got their PMs they should be about ready to go out.

Cheers,

--

Olly

PMs all sent to those who have asked for parts, please read carefully.

Also just as an FYI, I'm away on Friday and most of next week so if you're in a hurry for your parts, pay today!

Cheers,

--

Olly

Quick heads-up, this batch has come from the printers with a lot more dust stuck to the parts. I'll knock the worst off before sending them out but don't really have the facilities to clean them up properly at work. It would probably be worth going over them with a toothbrush before installing so that the dust doesn't fall out later and stick in the runners.

Also as an aid to installation I put some graphite (i.e. pencil rubbing) on the lip where it pushes onto the metal bit of the regulator. Don't be tempted to use oil, it will weaken the plastic and make it swell up.

Cheers,

--

Olly

Hokay, for everyone who has paid so far the parts are either posted or going out tomorrow. I'm now off work until the 1st so won't be able to post any more until then.

Cheers,

--

Olly

Hello Olly,

received mine on Thursday the 20/11/2014

Great items Olly top man for reproducing them :thumbleft:

Nice one thanks again.

Si