classic

Door lock plastic clip for rods *WITH PIC*

Hello guys,

i'm in desperate need of one of these clips that attach the Vacuum actuator + door rod to the door lock, It looks like this:

W3GkFl.jpg

4IdrFl.jpg

And it needs to be not broken!

Part no is 357837083 and 357837084 .Got mine from tps , 51p each . Still have not fitted mine looks like a right pain in the arse.

Edited by robrado974

Part no is 357837083 and 357837084 .Got mine from tps , 51p each . Still have not fitted mine looks like a right pain in the arse.

It is a bit of a pain unless you have long stick arms. Loosen the door latch mech from the side of the door, attach both of the rods to the clip (obviously you need the door card off), then manoeuvre both the mech and the clip until the clip slides onto the locking latch.

Just the info I needed. The rod has come out of mine since goodness knows when.

Is there a way to do it without taking the door card off?

Just the info I needed. The rod has come out of mine since goodness knows when.

Is there a way to do it without taking the door card off?

No

Yes you're both right, thanks.

Next question, how does the rod actually stay retained in the plastic clip? There is a slot on top but i qould have thought that the bottom hooked end would catch into a recess of sorts? Drivers side by the way.

It's a little hard to explain Hasan . I would take a look at the manual or the parts page ?. Sorry mate I would be to long winded and confuse you more !.

Next question, how does the rod actually stay retained in the plastic clip? There is a slot on top but i qould have thought that the bottom hooked end would catch into a recess of sorts? Drivers side by the way.

The clip has a forked part on it, in the above pic one of the forks is broken off. When the rods and clip are in position the forks stop the rods from coming out of the holes.

Another really fiddly task and yes Rob you're right its not easy to describne how its done. I'll make an attempt here though:

remove door card and lock

drop pin through top opening with the loop at end pointing to the right (ie towards the door lock)

shine some light into the top opening to see the plastic clip and steer the rod into the slot at the top of the clip

rotate the rod 90deg anticlockwise for it to now point towards the hole in the plastic clip

Carefully manoeuvre the rod back and forth maintaining its position until it pops into the 'locking hole'

Hard to take pics because its so dark in that part of the door!