benzo_26

Front splitter?

I want to take off the black plastic trim around the bottom of my front bumper, I think its called a splitter but I'm probably wrong. Either way I've been under the car with my socket set only to find that two of the bolts are shaped like daisy heads, ie rounded edges that the socket just slips on. Never seen a fitting like this before, any thoughts? Does the forum run a competition for most stupid questions asked?? I must be in the running to win lol.

Cheers

Well the most obvious answer would be that it is actually rounded off? mine are all standard bolts, if it helps.

.......................................................irwins...................................................................................................

Not sure they're standard bolts. All mine are Hex bolts.

Has it got an allen key attachement in the middle?

No allen key present, three are the standard hex bolts but these two are different. I will persevere.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Well the most obvious answer would be that it is actually rounded off? mine are all standard bolts, if it helps.

Yeah I know what you mean but not these definitely were manufactured this shape, both are identical and don't show signs of having been rounded etc.

.......................................................irwins...................................................................................................

Best bet most likely yes?

if your taking it off to change it fair enough but dont remove it for good! it wont look the same....ever

There are two different types of bolts holding on the splitter - a large shouldered one (5 I think) and 4 smaller silver ones that are self tapping.

if your taking it off to change it fair enough but dont remove it for good! it wont look the same....ever

Oh yeah it is going back on I only want to take it off to spray it as its quite faded.

Dont spray it, get some plastic treatment stuff instead, like back to black. Or something like peanut butter will bring the black back due to the natural oils in it.

Dont spray it, get some plastic treatment stuff instead, like back to black. Or something like peanut butter will bring the black back due to the natural oils in it.

Ah top tip thanks for that much appreciated I will give the back to black a blast. How on earth did you ever find out about peanut butter??