P3rks

Car now gone see link in 1st post for new thread

Right, the car is long gone.

Apologies to those awaiting answers on parts but with other commitments (work/friends/family/girlfriend/constant VR6 maintenance :bonk: ) I've just not had time to organise my mound of parts. I will put up individual parts up for sale in their retrospective adverts as and when I pull my finger out and organise through my parts boxes. I have the next few weeks dedicated to do this as I really need some space... Keep you eyes open.

MODS: Can you please lock this thread or whatever you guys normally do to clean the place up?

For the parts remaining please see: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?68461-Clearout-Mainly-G60-VR6-Loads!-Picture-heavy

Edited by P3rks

Please don't brake a perfectly good G60 - they are rarer than VR6's now and that car has some good history recorded on here!!

I know man,

This was my dilemma. But with rust creeping through in places it shouldn't be I just don't have the funds available to fix it... Financially it's the best option. I'm still awaiting my settlement from when my last car was stolen in March and I'm wanting to move in with the misses.. I just need some cash.

Don't hate me for it :(

Hello

I am after the blue plug on the back of the clocks which the vac pipe plugs into part no 191 907 346 j, is it available? I'm also interested in the oil cooler what sort of condition is it in?

Cheers

Scott

Hello

I am after the blue plug on the back of the clocks which the vac pipe plugs into part no 191 907 346 j, is it available? I'm also interested in the oil cooler what sort of condition is it in?

Cheers

Scott

Hey,

The clocks will be sold as a whole, sorry.

The oil cooler is immaculate. 2,000 miles old so nice and fresh, when I checked a few weeks ago the cooler itself was minty fresh with no marks to the fins.

Hi, the G-max suspension kit is that just springs or the whole setup?

cheers

Whole set up mate. Taken from the car including all top mounts etc.

Shame to see yet another corrado broken, looks good as well. Your putting your user name into a bad light buddy.

take £40 for the headlights?

I think I'll hold out for £50 for the time being matey, that's only £25 per headlight which is very competitive. I'll be in touch next week though :)

Shame to see yet another corrado broken, looks good as well. Your putting your user name into a bad light buddy.

I don't understand why people buy these cars sometimes!

Sad face :( would love for mine to have those specs

Another decent Corrado bites the dust.......

Boys!!! The guilt.. The guilt!! I feel shamed... :oops:

The truth of the matter is that the car needs more work than I can do/afford. The windscreen area is rotten, the battery tray is rotten and affecting the inner wing, the n/s sill has two rust holes along it's entire length, the o/s floor plan is rusting at the jacking point, the o/s drivers door shut on the body is rusting as is the upper sill. Not to mention the car needs a blow over for me to be really happy with it. It's just not financially viable.

This was not an easy decision... Don't hate me for it..

Why dont you offer the car for sale as a whole? Ok, you wont make as much money, but it will save you the time and effort of stripping very little bit off the shell, and then the risk of not selling everything.

Why dont you offer the car for sale as a whole? Ok, you wont make as much money, but it will save you the time and effort of stripping very little bit off the shell, and then the risk of not selling everything.

Was an option, but yes I wont make as much and the likely hood of selling it quickly is low; I need money for my replacement, and fast.. Plus I want the suspension/exhaust/some other bits for the replacement... Add to this the fact that there are some very nice examples of G60's for sale at the moment which are struggling to sell, which are lower priced than what I'd advertise mine for.. For what I want for mine as a whole I'll never get it with the current market.

Mechanically this car is excellent; cosmetically and structurally it needs work. Head over heart this time boys.

Boys!!! The guilt.. The guilt!! I feel shamed... :oops:

This was not an easy decision... Don't hate me for it..

I understand your thinking as I also bought my car safe in the knowledge that if the worst was to happen at least I'd get my money back in bits, however after owning and driving it for 4 months now I don't think I could bring myself to brake it. By the sounds of it your car does have some rust issues as does any 20 year old car, mine is rotten on both quarter panels, both sills at the front, both front arches, the rear panel has completely gone around the badge area and one of the roof chanels is starting to show some rust. I've seen 2 cars in the scrap yards so far and both looked far better than mine but I'm still going to keep my car on the road. Sure welding and painting is expensive, so much so I've ended up buying a second hand compressor and a second hand welder. "No Significant Problems" so far?

Mine is just a valver as well, you have something much more desirable there...

The only way of getting some of your money back is to break, as whole cars just are not selling.. sorry to clog the thread as opinions are split on this.... but if the ****e ones get broke at least the good ones will live on and have parts to keep them going....amen..lol

Hi how much for Cylinder Head 2 posted

£60 matey. I'll aim for delivery on Tuesday if you pay for it this weekend.

I understand your thinking as I also bought my car safe in the knowledge that if the worst was to happen at least I'd get my money back in bits, however after owning and driving it for 4 months now I don't think I could bring myself to brake it. By the sounds of it your car does have some rust issues as does any 20 year old car, mine is rotten on both quarter panels, both sills at the front, both front arches, the rear panel has completely gone around the badge area and one of the roof chanels is starting to show some rust. I've seen 2 cars in the scrap yards so far and both looked far better than mine but I'm still going to keep my car on the road. Sure welding and painting is expensive, so much so I've ended up buying a second hand compressor and a second hand welder. "No Significant Problems" so far?

Mine is just a valver as well, you have something much more desirable there...

I've had much better 20 year old cars with no rust like this one has. Trust me when I say the shells a lost cause. Why pump money and time into a shell when when there are plenty of better ones out there? I've got a replacement Corrado lined up which is cosmetically immaculate, it needs mechanical work which is what I can do..

The only way of getting some of your money back is to break, as whole cars just are not selling.. sorry to clog the thread as opinions are split on this.... but if the ****e ones get broke at least the good ones will live on and have parts to keep them going....amen..lol

Thank you! Finally a voice of reason.

Edited by P3rks

£60 matey. I'll aim for delivery on Tuesday if you pay for it this weekend.

Sounds good if you pm your payment details I will send the monies

Sounds good if you pm your payment details I will send the monies

PM'd

Has it got Lupo wipers, can't really see from the tiny profile picture. If you have though give me a price (I only actually need 1 arm but would understand if you don't want to split)

Go on ill have those lights. Pm me your paypal and we can work out a time for me to come collect

PM'd

Has it got Lupo wipers, can't really see from the tiny profile picture. If you have though give me a price (I only actually need 1 arm but would understand if you don't want to split)

It does, with some recent wiper blades too. Want to sell whole though. Will come with the entire wipe motor and set up.

Pm'd anyway.

Hi Everyone..

Before this goes even further into a 'don't break it' thread I want to add my 2p's worth, as it was originally my car.

I bought the car in 2005 and my build thread can be found HERE

Rich bought the car from me earlier this year, with big plans for it. I'd owned it for 6 years and from the thread you can see i turned it from a sorry state to a trophy winner.

When I sold it, I knew the car was worth more in parts because of what I spent on it, however I wanted it to stay complete. Rich bought it aware of the rust around the windscreen [probably due to insurance paint job] however we were both unaware of the other issues body wise.

Knowing what he knows now, and with the misfortune of spending the extra he has on engine work, I definitely would have broken it. He was good enough to have contacted me before this thread went up so it wasn't a surprise the car was coming to an end.

What I'm trying to say is the decision is logical, and with the time, money and effort that I've put into it, if I don't resent it then no one else should.

I'm very sad this car is coming to an end, but if it can help keep others on the road then that's as good as it's gonna get :(

Baz