P3rks

Car now gone see link in 1st post for new thread

at the end of the day....if you have time to break it you will probably make more money as no one pays what its worth these days! its a shame but at the same time Rich is helping to fix up other rado's that need parts! :-)

Thanks a lot Baz.. means a lot coming from you.. Like I've said it wasn't an easy choice but it's just not viable to save such a rusty shell. Sad Times :(

Anyway.. Roll up, Roll up.. Everything is up for grabs.

ahh bums... I'm torn between not wanting to see another g60 go to waste and really wanting those samco hoses and throttle body... :(

oh well... needs must! :vamp: "moo hahaha!"

would you take £35 for the throttle body?

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

Hi Everyone..

Before this goes even further into a 'don't break it' thread I want to add my 2p's worth, as it was originally my car.

I bought the car in 2005 and my build thread can be found HERE

Rich bought the car from me earlier this year, with big plans for it. I'd owned it for 6 years and from the thread you can see i turned it from a sorry state to a trophy winner.

When I sold it, I knew the car was worth more in parts because of what I spent on it, however I wanted it to stay complete. Rich bought it aware of the rust around the windscreen [probably due to insurance paint job] however we were both unaware of the other issues body wise.

Knowing what he knows now, and with the misfortune of spending the extra he has on engine work, I definitely would have broken it. He was good enough to have contacted me before this thread went up so it wasn't a surprise the car was coming to an end.

What I'm trying to say is the decision is logical, and with the time, money and effort that I've put into it, if I don't resent it then no one else should.

I'm very sad this car is coming to an end, but if it can help keep others on the road then that's as good as it's gonna get :(

Baz

Without seeing the car it is difficult for anyone to comment on if it is too far gone, considering the starting point 6 years ago it is not a huge suprise that various parts of the car are starting to rot away as it didn't exactly have a blessed existance prior to Baz purchasing it.

Much as I hate to see cars broken the reality is that some are too far gone to save and the way rust is cropping up makes it difficult to catch until its too late thanks to the thick underseal etc - what has kept the Corrado on the road and with little rust to speak of is now starting is kill a few chassis.

Considering my 16v-G60 has had a very pampered existance there were spots of rust on the bulkhead from where Karmann welded the LHD/RHD blanks into place - I caught it early but as the worst one was sat behind the heat shield they are not easy to spot.

Would you do a deal on the powdercoated rear axle and front subframe ? Would need them delivering but am happy to arrange a courier

cheers Simon

Let me know about the offer on the wipers, cheers

PM'd.. It has the wipers but I'm not sure if my new Corrado has.. I'll know by the weekend if I'm selling these.

ahh bums... I'm torn between not wanting to see another g60 go to waste and really wanting those samco hoses and throttle body... :(

oh well... needs must! :vamp: "moo hahaha!"

would you take £35 for the throttle body?

Throttle body is provisionally sold at £50, give me 24 hours to find out.

Without seeing the car it is difficult for anyone to comment on if it is too far gone, considering the starting point 6 years ago it is not a huge suprise that various parts of the car are starting to rot away as it didn't exactly have a blessed existance prior to Baz purchasing it.

Much as I hate to see cars broken the reality is that some are too far gone to save and the way rust is cropping up makes it difficult to catch until its too late thanks to the thick underseal etc - what has kept the Corrado on the road and with little rust to speak of is now starting is kill a few chassis.

Considering my 16v-G60 has had a very pampered existance there were spots of rust on the bulkhead from where Karmann welded the LHD/RHD blanks into place - I caught it early but as the worst one was sat behind the heat shield they are not easy to spot.

This was the case.. I've been going around getting quotes for the windscreen/sill repair and a full respray and as the bodyshops had a look around they kept finding more.. It got to the point the rust repair's were getting into four figures and that was before the respray costs.. Spending 3k plus on a body shell when there are plenty out there which are fine is just stupid; I've not owned the car long enough to grow attached to it, so head came before heart.

Would you do a deal on the powdercoated rear axle and front subframe ? Would need them delivering but am happy to arrange a courier

cheers Simon

I will do a deal yes. PM'd

Hi Mate do you have the small triangle shaped cover that cover up the locking petrol flap rod? it's secured bt 2 small screws up in the wheel arch above the filler neck.

Price posted please if the screw hole tabs are complete.

Thanks! :)

Possible to send pics of the 2 front subframes?

Tempest

Yep.. I'll try and get some at the weekend.

Hi Mate do you have the small triangle shaped cover that cover up the locking petrol flap rod? it's secured bt 2 small screws up in the wheel arch above the filler neck.

Price posted please if the screw hole tabs are complete.

Thanks! :)

I'm pretty sure I do.. I'll double check and let you know.

take £30 for the knob, gaiter and surround? bung it in with the headlamps :rolleyes:

With the headlights? Yep. Check your PM's.

Hiya mate is the g60 shell completely rotten or is it still salvagable? as i could do with reshelling mine tbh. if so whats the condition of the paint work etc>?

jase.

Wow, what a load of awesome parts! Now to what I can afford really. A shame you're breaking but I agree with some of the others in the sense that it just doesn't seem financially viable for you and if it keeps other corrado's on the road then it isn't a lost cause!

I'm really interested in the boost gauge and swg pod, mocal oil cooler and sandwich plate, and wondering whether you would split the beru leads from the rest to buy separately? Also, would the Sns chip suit a stage 4 charger? Or is specific to the other mods you have on the car aswell? Lastly, wondering if they're is any kind of deal we come to based on the parts above? :-) thanks mate.

Hiya mate is the g60 shell completely rotten or is it still salvagable? as i could do with reshelling mine tbh. if so whats the condition of the paint work etc>?

jase.

I know someone who may have a G60 shell, will find out condition of it

The shell is salvageble, but I have got to the point I don't want to spend any more money on it.

As discussed earlier in the thread; the n/s sill is rusty in two places, the shell door shut on the o/s is starting to rust, the windscreen is rusty on the top and the battery tray is rotten.

Paint work is pretty damn good to be fair and on first look the car is very very nice, it's only when I've dug deeper I have found the above.

Anyway, if you want the complete shell I need to know asap as I will be stripping the shell (minus the doors) and weighing it in this weekend. PM me if you are seriously interested. The shell has to be gone by earlty next week at the very latest.

Wow, what a load of awesome parts! Now to what I can afford really. A shame you're breaking but I agree with some of the others in the sense that it just doesn't seem financially viable for you and if it keeps other corrado's on the road then it isn't a lost cause!

I'm really interested in the boost gauge and swg pod, mocal oil cooler and sandwich plate, and wondering whether you would split the beru leads from the rest to buy separately? Also, would the Sns chip suit a stage 4 charger? Or is specific to the other mods you have on the car aswell? Lastly, wondering if they're is any kind of deal we come to based on the parts above? :-) thanks mate.

The Mocal kit is provisionally sold, but I am awaiting payment. I work on the terms of first to pay buys it though..

I will split the Beru HT leads from the rest of the ignition stuff.

And the SNS chip is for a Stage 5 charger and 68mm pulley, the rest of the mods were fitted afterwards. i would recommend a 68mm pulley to go with your stage 4 charger at the least.

I already have a 68mm pulley and shorter belt, so am I right in assuming this would suit the chip? Do you know what other mods you listed when buying the chip or can you advise on whether this would be appropriate? My g60 so far has had a rebuilt and ported charger to stage 4 by gwerks and 68mm pulley. Apart from a stainless straight through exhaust there aren't any other mods so far. How much would you let the leads go for? And would you accept £40 posted for the boost gauge and swg pod? Thanks.

I already have a 68mm pulley and shorter belt, so am I right in assuming this would suit the chip? Do you know what other mods you listed when buying the chip or can you advise on whether this would be appropriate? My g60 so far has had a rebuilt and ported charger to stage 4 by gwerks and 68mm pulley. Apart from a stainless straight through exhaust there aren't any other mods so far. How much would you let the leads go for? And would you accept £40 posted for the boost gauge and swg pod? Thanks.

It came with the car when I bought it... But... If I remember correctly it is suitable for a stage 5 charger, 68mm pulley and exhaust system/de-cat.. So it should be fine for your car really!

£50 posted for the gauge and pod? It's immaculate and comes with the Revo box and everything... Less than half price at that!

Hi I received the cylinder head looks tip top and well packaged

Cheers kev

Thanks a lot Kev! Glad you're happy.. x

The chip does sound pretty spot on then. I don't suppose you have any receipts/invoice for it? Also do you have any pics of the gauge and pod, and the chip itself? Lastly, if all is well, would you accept £80 posted for these items? :-) thanks.

Sam.

Hi EO - is the alternator a 90A one - if so I'll take it for the asking price? Let me know how much it comes to with shipping please.

The chip does sound pretty spot on then. I don't suppose you have any receipts/invoice for it? Also do you have any pics of the gauge and pod, and the chip itself? Lastly, if all is well, would you accept £80 posted for these items? :-) thanks.

Sam.

I do have the receipt for the chip.. It's from G-Werks and states it as 'Eprom' with no other information.

I will get a photo for you tomorrow of the gauge/pod but the chip will come with the ECU.. I don't really want to open the ECU with fear of damaging something.

Unfortunately I'm not accepting offers on these two matey, the chip's are £100 new never mind with a working ECU and the gauge/pod is over £100 new and the SWG pod's are very hard to get hold of now. £100 posted is the best I'll do currently. Sorry.

Hi EO - is the alternator a 90A one - if so I'll take it for the asking price? Let me know how much it comes to with shipping please.

Erm... Pass.. There are no stickers on or anything.. How can I tell?

Hi mate, no worries. Thought I'd ask! I don't suspect there's a serial number on the invoice for the chip? Can check then what exactly it's been set up for. The ecu really is easy to open up, just a bit fiddly! I understand if you want to sell it as part of the ecu though. Sorry if this seems a bit pedantic! I look forward to pics of the gauge and pod. thanks again.

Erm... Pass.. There are no stickers on or anything.. How can I tell?

Hmm, but difficult with the stickers - no part numbers or anything on there (even Bosch numbers)? I believe the 90A ones are physically slightly larger than the normal 65A ones, but with a comparison one there it would be difficult to tell.

Hi mate, have you had a chance to get some pics of the gauge and pod? And the chip or invoice for it? Also, looking for a good condition knock sensor for g60 if you have one with no nicks or tears in the cable?

Thanks again.

Sorry for slacking on this thread.. I've been busy stripping the car.. Expect photo's and updates shortly.

All PM's replied to..