Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

can a clever person with photoshop make my wheels white

i'd like to see the attached pics with white wheels please... thinking of getting them re-ferbed and painted all at the same time

pics thumbnailed-vr6storm

ta

Personally, with those BBS Solitudes, i'd just get em refurbed in a nice sparkly original kind of look! :)

Heres my effort in 'whiting' your wheels...

Quite difficult to do since the wheels are in shadow, i'm not quite sure I've got the brightness right, but here ya go:

pic thumbnailed-vr6storm

Personally I think if you're going to colour your wheels they have to match colour of the the car... (tho I'm not sure about green).

A friend of mine has a banana-yellow MR2 with gold wheels... it really doesn't go :?

i just wanted something different. i think anthractie would be too dark on a dark car

.....well trevor rice pulled it off with his solitudes............but tbh his storm was mystic blue whic seemed to suit it better.............as jim said go for the sparkly look...like ive got on mine 8) ........makes them look just a wee bit different.....tho to keep them sparkly be prepared to give them a wee wash every 2 days :roll:

Some good efforts there paintshoppers, but, erm....no. Draws attention away from the car as a whole and straight onto the wheels! Anthracite does actually good on dark green. Remember the Volvo T5-R?

K

Some good efforts there paintshoppers, but, erm....no. Draws attention away from the car as a whole and straight onto the wheels! Anthracite does actually good on dark green. Remember the Volvo T5-R?

K

...... :oops: not this is a sign of me getting old etc.....but IIRC T5-R's were only available in black or yellow. :wink: ........and i think in white with blue lights :-P ........the T5 was available in a fair few other colours tho

You're probably right, but there was definitely a T5 at least that had anthracite wheels and bottle green paintwork! Looked fantastic and I'll pass on the white one with blues thanks!! Handy for carrying lots of traffic cones to an RTA at speed tho!

You're probably right, but there was definitely a T5 at least that had anthracite wheels and bottle green paintwork! Looked fantastic and I'll pass on the white one with blues thanks!! Handy for carrying lots of traffic cones to an RTA at speed tho!

more than likely a "lesser" T5 owner going for the T5-R look :wink: .......tbh ive only just read a wee article on the T5-R in April's issue of Classic Cars......so its kind of fresh in my memory about there only being the 2 "official" colours........and of course the one with blue lights and cone carrying capabilities :wink:

hmm, after seeing those maybe i will stick to the standard afterall... i imagined it would look better but obviously not....

...anyone fancie trying the anthracite look for me please... theres a set currently on ebay actually....hm, wonder what it looks like :roll:

more than likely a "lesser" T5 owner going for the T5-R look :wink:

Well the one I saw had the familiar Audi 5 pot turbo engine in it...so was prolly just the low pressure turbo 'T5'.....pikey!

K

white wheels only looks good if you're going for the full on motorsport theme. otherwse, they're just gay.

If you want to 'try before you buy' spray them with a foam cleaner,stand back and squint slightly. I just did this and was glad to have a hose handy! :)