OllieVR6

Southern convoy to stealth rolling road day...

To avoid filling the RR day thread, us southerners should also convoy cos it'll be fun!

UPDATE:

Charlie has suggested we meet at the Chieveley Services on the A34/M4 junction and this seems like the best idea.

We want to leave Chieveley at 7.40 and no later so please be there for 7.20am. Please put your name down so that we know who to wait for.

ollievr6

scarlet_vr6

chazrad

Edited by OllieVR6

Hya,

I'd be interested as would the basingstoke crew (faye plus possie) but if you gave some i.e came slightly west towards the A34 and we could do newbury up I would ventue east from Swindon for a convoy

I'm more than willing to go out of my way a bit if it makes it easier for others. I knew a few were coming from Basingstoke and thought we might meet at the Welcome Break or something. Once we have an idea of who and where we can plan an appropriate route :)

I'd may be up for it depending on how much of a detour it is for me to join you. I am in Slough, so normally get to stealth going up the m40.

Cheers

Yep, I plan to travel up A34, then M40 and would be great to meet some others on the way :) Think Tom will be travelling the same route as me but will check with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so it looks like more people are going that way it would make sense for me to join you.

Once a few more have confirmed we can decide a place and time to meet. Are people planning to get there for 9am? That would suggest a 7am(ish) meeting time.

For anyone coming from the south west:

CLICK HERE!

This is an awesome route and one we took a few years ago.

Cross country all the way with some cracking high speed bits and decent corners.

Perhaps worth doing separate south west/south east threads?

Baz

I am planning to travel up the A34 as I'll be coming from Wiltshire (so east along A303 then onto A34). For those that might be coming along M4 to the A34 or coming thorugh Newbury to get there, I suggest we meet at the Chieveley Services on the A34/M4 junction.

I'm assuming that we all want to be there for the start at 9am sharp, so that means leaving Chieveley at 7.40 and no later. I suggest we all aim to be there for 7.20am to allow time for a quick chat, fuel and a leg stretch before we head off. If you all agree, then perhaps ollievr6 can update the post at the top of this page. See you all soon.

Charlie

sounds like a good plan to me Charlie :)

Not sure if anyone else will be coming up from B'stoke/further south (still need to check with Tom) but if so, I'd suggest meeting in Morrisons car park at 6.45am ish (eurgh, that's early!). Ollie, not sure if you meant you'd meet in B'stoke or at Chieveley Svcs?

I'll come to B'stoke and meet you guys I think. For someone who doesn't know anything other than how to get to the shopping centre, where is Morrisons?

Ollie, are you coming along the M3? If so, turn off at jct 6. Straight over first r'bout (not inc. motorway one!) and 1st exit at the second r'bout. Down the hill, then at the third r'bout go straight over but get in the left hand lane as the slip road for Morrisons is immediate. I'll be in the car park, but not sure yet if Tom will make the convoy so since it might be just me, I won't be offended if you just want to meet everyone else at Chieveley!

Not long to go now - yay! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you are all getting off the M40 at Junction 11 (Banbury) and joining the A423 to Southam - excellent Road and picking/meeting me up on route !! ??

That can certainly be arranged Wendy, I am however slightly concerned that I won't be able to keep up ^^

Sent from my HTC Desire

I could meet at banbury...would be cool to travel in convoy as I don't think anyone else from the mk area is going. Although the quickest route would mean I travel alone..

Brilliant.

Where to meet - Banbury is easiest, I have suggestions of where, my 1st choice being a limit of about 6 cars, so will just wait to see if numbers grow. Either way, 2 minutes drive off the motorway.

Then, what time.

I would like to be at Stealth 9.30 latest, so 8.45 -9am, I can do a tad earlier if necessary but would prefer to just drive faster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I do not want to do before 8.30am. Its Sunday !!!!

Hope its dry on Sunday and not foggy, has been massively so last 5 - 6 days.

How long will it last - i want to come along too, but as Wendy has also said its Sunday and i wont be able to get my son up that early (ok, i wont be able to get up myself that early!)

might meet up with bristolbaron for a convoy. I'll just cross the bridge instead of going up the m50, not on the way back though, bloody toll!

Brilliant.

Where to meet - Banbury is easiest, I have suggestions of where, my 1st choice being a limit of about 6 cars, so will just wait to see if numbers grow. Either way, 2 minutes drive off the motorway.

Then, what time.

I would like to be at Stealth 9.30 latest, so 8.45 -9am, I can do a tad earlier if necessary but would prefer to just drive faster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I do not want to do before 8.30am. Its Sunday !!!!

Hope its dry on Sunday and not foggy, has been massively so last 5 - 6 days.

That looks like it'll suit us nicely, at the moment it's myself, Charlie and Faye that are 100% so a car park of 6 is plenty!

Brilliant, So, lets meet at the Esso Garage.

Coming off the M40, take the 1st Exit into Banbury, at the next roundabout, take the 1st exit left, straight over the next roundabout, the Esso station is on the left with parking both infront and behind the pumps. I will be there for 8.45 unless I hear from you otherwise.

I will also pm you my mobile number.

Wendy

Make sure you guys are nice and awake.... ;) Wendy knows that road VERY well..

By that time I'll have had a coffee, 5 fags and a blast in the Corrado....I'll be wide awake!

might meet up with bristolbaron for a convoy. I'll just cross the bridge instead of going up the m50, not on the way back though, bloody toll!

I'm gonna be very last minute about what i do so wouldnt want you to go out your way to arrange something..

At the moment ive got three potential routes - M5, A429 or A34.

I also have a car thats not yet ready, so i have to wait until friday to know i can defo come at all.

I then have a slight issue on saturday night with a mate who's back from france for a one nighter - if that goes messy i could be VERY late!

I desperately want to come, but odds are stacking against me. Will keep you posted!

Cheers

Baz

Im out the night before aswell so im may be struggling to. lol

Brilliant, So, lets meet at the Esso Garage.

Coming off the M40, take the 1st Exit into Banbury, at the next roundabout, take the 1st exit left, straight over the next roundabout, the Esso station is on the left with parking both infront and behind the pumps. I will be there for 8.45 unless I hear from you otherwise.

I will also pm you my mobile number.

Wendy

Ill be there, except I'll be coming off of the A422, do you mean the Esso garage off Ermont way?

Edited by eugopnosaj