KofiD

A4 Dash (Trying out)

My brother has a spare Audi A4 Center lying around in his garage (central bit over gearstick & handbrake)

I thought to myself, why not just go ahead and buy the rest of the dash? so I did, and here we are, me with an A4 Dash / Center console & center. me and my friend are going to the car tomorrow night, and going to see if any of it fits :) if it does, then we will see what can be done from here :D I feel as if i should get hold of an RNS-E and shove it in there to make it look standard instead of getting a chavvy head unit that sticks out and things :)

I will obviously have to make some cuts and things like that but I am sure ill get it in!

Nugget Yellow Corrado, and it is beautiful. Can't wait to get this in tomorrow and see what it looks like, I will update with pics.

It does just fit. I have one in my V8 Corrado, and Ryan Miller has one in his S4 Quattro Corrado too. I think we both came up with the idea at roughly the same time, but on opposite sides of the atlantic!

I hate you for figuring this out before I finished my car m'kay? ;) Given that I've been building mine for 2 years though I can't really complain :(

It does just fit. I have one in my V8 Corrado, and Ryan Miller has one in his S4 Quattro Corrado too. I think we both came up with the idea at roughly the same time, but on opposite sides of the atlantic!

I hate you for figuring this out before I finished my car m'kay? ;) Given that I've been building mine for 2 years though I can't really complain :(

YES! That makes me feel great knowing that it will fit!! which dash do you have? I have a B6 one, i believe from a 2003. Do you guys have any pictures? or advice on what to do, any help you have would be much appreciated!

I have been getting mine ready since around June time, and ive only recently decided to put enough money into it to make it awesome

I'm looking forward to it, soooo soo much!!

Thanks

Ryan

Sounds interesting. Good luck & lookforward to seeing the out come.

Me too! I have been contemplating getting a new dash but wasnt sure until this came along. Tonight will show whether it fits etc, what mods i need to do so we shall see :)

Ryan? Lol @ the coincidence :)

Mine is from a facelift B5, but the B6 is much the same size so it ought to fit the same. Its not easy but it is doable.

I took all the photos of the V8 down, but Ryan Miller's is here: http://www.dubbedbyrma.com/s4rodo_gallery

150.jpg

A very nice piece of work, that one ^. But, he grafted the front end of an S4 in to the Corrado shell! :o

keeping an eye on this, any chance you could do a regular photo update on progress and work involved?

Yes f course ill keep you updated :) went for a small test fit today and it seems to fit quite well! ill upload a picture in the next post :)

Oh yeah man! I was looking at it, such beauty inside :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50029[/ATTACH]

that was the first step, there isnt anything behind it that can hold it down, so tomorrow i am going to put the center in and see where it goes from there, probably going to have to put something inside the back to hold it there (not sure of what yet though) guess ill just figure that out tomorrow :)

It fits around the screen perfectly in my opinion! I am going there in about half an hour. Doors are right next to the dash so I will have to cut the door cards back and fibre glass over them :)

how will the clocks work? much wiring to modify? really interested in doing this!

I'm not going to lie, I have absolutely no idea what will happen with the clocks! :( im just going to wait until they arrive to see what happens with them :) scary stuff I know but i will have a good go at putting them in! lol. [ATTACH=CONFIG]50044[/ATTACH]

Center fits quite well, had to make a few modifications underneath to get it to fit in.

moved the handbrake a bit (took us about 4 hours lol) and made some holes to secure it down.

this is my first time undertaking a time consuming project of this sort so I think im not doing too bad. tomorrow im going to go for maybe an hour, see if we can fit the dash on top of the center for now.

That was completed last night :) for now the center just needs to be secured down, and that's us done with that bit.

yeah i knew it was a long project to undertake, but i am glad i have :D

Ryan

Looking good... Im doing just the center console from a mk5 golf... Have you tried the seats? Are they not going to touch the centre ?

Looking good... Im doing just the center console from a mk5 golf... Have you tried the seats? Are they not going to touch the centre ?

that will look awesome, and yeah i've tried the seats, they rub a little bit but not too much haha,

Interesting progress :)

Got your pm. Very little I can help with past this point as my Corrado is more Audi than VW now, both mechanically and electrically. Getting the clocks to work without CAN-bus is going to be a 'challenge' to say the least!

Good luck :cat:

For the offset handbrake you could use a mk4 handbrake... What about the heater box? What are you using?

finished moving it already :p and it works fine haha, all secured into place :) and the heater box, i am using the corrado one and just connecting the pipes through to the Audi vents lol!

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Interesting progress :)

Got your pm. Very little I can help with past this point as my Corrado is more Audi than VW now, both mechanically and electrically. Getting the clocks to work without CAN-bus is going to be a 'challenge' to say the least!

Good luck :cat:

Thanks :) Ah, no problem, I don't have the cash to grab a spare A4 otherwise I definately would!! haha, but it's all good.

Clocks : don't worry i'll figure something out (I hope) :thumbleft:

Looking at the diagram for the A4 you'll be ok for most of the cluster inputs as there still analogue but the speedo and tacho may go over CAN from the engine ECU and ABS ECU, what engine you going to be running?