G60  CS

OEM Oil Volt Guage

Hi

can anyone answer a couple of questions about the above ?

1. Are there different versions for RHD and LHD cars

and

2. Are there different versions for early and late type interiors ?

cheers Simon

Brand new RHD LATE style - http://goo.gl/3Vf2h

Never seen them for sale for an early interior.

So you think I might have more luck looking for hens teeth ?

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

So you think I might have more luck looking for hens teeth ?

Im looking for early type rhd version

Hi, does anyone know if the above late interior RHD Arz gauge pod comes complete with all the fittings or do I need to buy an oil pressure switch and banjo bolts for the oil pressure sensor, or will I just need an oil sender unit from VW if it's still available!? I'm guessing that this is an Arz replica unit of the OEM VDO gauge pod?

Any help on this would be much appreciated. Cheers, Phil

you can get the switch from vdo or rallye design or merlin motorsport or demon tweeks (if you cant find an old audi in the scrapyard) No idea what ARZ ship tho sorry, i just bought the guage off someone then foundout mines for a late interior :(

The ARZ gauge is a VAG part. All you get is the gauge panel itself - you need to source the wiring, plug and sender yourself. You can either go for a single pole sender with a banjo extension and keep your existing low pressure warning sender, or you can get a two pole version that will do both.

I wont be fitting mine as I mistakenly bought one for a late interior not knowing any better................... DOH !!!!

I wont be fitting mine as I mistakenly bought one for a late interior not knowing any better................... DOH !!!!

Want to part with it? I've been thinking about one for a while...

Great little Mod these and quite easy to fit, getting the wiring neat in the bay was the hardest part :)

Mine arrived in the post for my birthday which is fast approaching. The big Three O! but she ordered it for LHD by mistake so being sent back.

Whats best, single or dual sender?

Is it worth buying the other required parts from ARZ or is it likely to be cheaper over here?

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

What was the deal with the wire near the centre tunnel/ashtray? When changing the dash I noticed this spare wire with a small plug but it didnt go to anything. Is this something to do with pre wiring the gauges?

I went for the dual pole sender and got it from the people suggested earlier in the thread. there was a very good how to fit guide on the wiki that Bill Aitkin

(A1VR6) did a few years ago...

Apparently some late cars had a loom installed already - but I think that wire you mention is there anyway - I know I had to run up a loom myself after forlornly searching for one befind the centre console. The german site is handy because they sell all the bits, but if you can find the right 2-pole sender, you won't need them.

For the early cars VAG did a blank gauge panel. Much like this one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-VDO-Gauge-Holder-VR6-G60-16V-Pod-Panel-2Hole-/170604268629?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b8ce8c55#ht_1949wt_1396

You gotta source the gauges and senders and do the wiring yourself.

For wiring the late ones, the multiplug from a Mk3 Golf electric sunroof switch makes it a neat job.

I've now ordered a RHD late gauge pod from ARZ and a VAG oil pressure sender #T11 919 081 (L80), found it on an older related gauge thread, I think it's dual pole.

fendervg - do you have the VAG part no.'s for the sender, plug and wire ends / connectors please?

Cheers

Some part numbers for you:

1J0972704 - 4 pin connector housing for the back of the gauges

000979021E - repair wire with connector pins on each end (comes in packs of 5)

535919561B - oil pressure sender - 0-10 bar, M10x1, single pole

fendervg - many thanks for the part numbers and description, that's great mate.

Kip - did you use a VDO dual pole sender 10 bar M10x1 from Merlin Motorsport along with the connectors that fendervg used?

My ARZ gauge pod's been shipped and is arriving later this week from Germany!

I'll read up on the Wiki how-to guide too.

Cheers,

Phil

fendervg - Do I need 1 or 2 of the 4 pin VAG connectors for the back of the late style gauge pod?, ETKA is showing 2 connectors, 1 per gauge but the diagram could be for the early gauges. I have now got my new gauge pod from ARZ and yep it's the genuine VAG item, nice piece of kit!

Just one for the new ones - it's the part # I listed earlier in the thread - the other ones are for the early round gauges.

Hi just found this post and was wondering if these parts from Arz are genuine as I thought the originals had been obsolete for quite a while? I've just bought a (supposedley) genuine set off ebay for more than arz are selling them for so I'm hoping I've not been stung!