G60  CS

OEM Oil Volt Guage

There is a set on eBay ATM for around £260 + p&p.

Fair play to the guy, he making 20% profit on that. Not exactly taking the ****. I bought one of the last ones from VW UK stock years ago. I think it was around £80 at the time.

The ARZ Tuning are completely the same as the original. In fact they are the original. ARZ contacted the VW supplier and ordered a new batch made. I think there must be quite a mark-up on them!

Bugger I've just bought that set off eBay because I'd always thought them rare as rocking horse ****. Wish I'd seen this thread earlier but I suppose I've always wanted a set and these are genuine VW still boxed and wrapped so not all bad + the arz's don't include shipping so not 2much outta pocket

Kip - did you use a VDO dual pole sender 10 bar M10x1 from Merlin Motorsport along with the connectors that fendervg used?

I'd recommend you use the two pole sender directly into the pressure switch hole. Otherwise you will have a bad time trying to seal up a "T" piece in that position. The sender body only just clears the top of the oil filter housing as it tightens up, so observe closely the gap during final tightening.

What pressure should the dual pole sender be? I ve got ordered the connector block and wiring from TPS and contacted Merlin and need to know at what point the buzzer should sound. They do 0.9 bar and a 1.3.

Does anyone know what this should be so I can complete the parts required to fit them?

Cheers

Rams

Is there a definative - connecting the existing wiring found behind the dash centre console and the wire near the oil filter housing for these gauges?

The others that ordered their sender from Merlin, what did you order as he asked me, '' do I need a 0.9 or 1.3 bar sender and what that equated to roughly in PSI.

HI all,

I also installed the late style vdo into my centerconsole. I have the blue/white single wire ready in the engine compartment, and I went to VW to get the special sender. Not available any more

;( Grrrrr...

So, does anyone else make it?

Can it be bought?

Is it sitting in the mounting hole, and the normal oiltemp sensor on top of that new sender? Or is the correct one a two pole sender (wrongly described in Etka)???

Etka page 212-00 is showing it. Only mentioned on page 212-10 as well.

Btw. I want to retain the original 1,8 bar warning function. I guess I have to find such a double pole common ground vdo sender.

Dead or alive, I want such a sender. Please help ;) please, please, please...

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Hi Science,

No, I don't have the VDO part number, only the VW Etka number (535-919-561B).

From the list you have supplied, would that be the 360-033 part (2936 psi warning version) ? That seems to be warning at 2,06 bar, not 1,8 as in the VW case.

Or the 7 psi version from the list?

Does that influence anything? Like for example warn when driving normally when warmed up, as the oilpressure would be 2,0 bar?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Not sure about the 1,8 bar sensor, thought it was 1,4 bar, but it was a long time ago.

I replaced the blue oil switch with the dual pole VDO 360-023.

Here the info I have;

On the filter housing you should have 1 temp sender and 2 warning pressure switches, (high 1,4 bar) one triggers the oil light, (low 0,25 bar) the buzzer.

Green wire goes to White Temperature Sender 1H0919563

Yellow wire goes to Black 1,2 - 1,5 bar Oil Pressure switch 068919081

Blue wire goes to Blue 0,15 - 0,35 bar Oil Pressure switch 028919081D

Sealing washer for sensors N0138115

On the VDO 360-023 dual pole sender, G terminal goes to the oil pressure gauge, WK terminal connect to Blue wire.

Edited by science

I've got the same sender as Tomi. My previous Corrado had the same too. Never had a problem. But I must admit I never tested the high or low pressure warnings.