budhilton

What should be in this hole ?

Any ideas what should be in this hole and where to get whatever it should be? Also whilst I am on how do you remove the demister vent strips on top of the dash?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50077[/ATTACH]

Thanks Andy

Edited by budhilton

It's a little spring-loaded popper, to lift the boot slightly so you can get your fingers underneath easily to lift it. Still available from VW for less than a tenner. Just remember to order the securing piece that screws on, as it doesn't come with the other part. There is also a little rubber piece that pushes onto the end, but there are 3 different versions of this- VW will be able to tell you which one when you give them your reg ;)

535827761 Popper

535827765 Threaded securing plate

Edited by CazzaVR

I never knew this.. Both my C's just had a blank hole so I assumed it was a blank!

Yeh full marks to Cazza for the quick response. The boot light works so it's not that and my god a part that I can actually get from VW result. Cheers gents very helpful as usual

Andy

Boot light runs off the boot lock mechanism, simply flick the boot catch over with the boot open and watch the light go out..

Boot popper as said above.

Likely case here is its broken in the past and not been replaced, just simply removed.

From my experience they tend to break due the boot not being opened for a long time (i.e. if car has been standing), seizing up under compression and then exploding the first time you open the boot for a while. Rendering the popper useless.