EJ Taylor

C7 VDB - Regret

how you getting on ej?

This is a hard looking car mate. Love it

Just seen these two, i took her off the road after MIVW, had a lovers tiff, getting it back and going again, stripped it all out (what a ducking waste of money and time that was) and going towards the race car rather than show car direction. Got some R888s, Devils Own Water Meth kit, Quaife Limited Slip Differential, Recaro speeds and some TRS Superlite harnesses, all going on in the next 4-6 weeks, then some bir boy breaks and as much carbon fibre bits as i can get my hands on.

Just read the full thread, made my standard day at work very very interesting!

Some amazing work put into this, but did the sound setup not do it for you?

looks incredible from this end, really motivating!!

Just read the full thread, made my standard day at work very very interesting!

Some amazing work put into this, but did the sound setup not do it for you?

looks incredible from this end, really motivating!!

Thanks mate, means allot to hear that, sometimes when something belongs to you, you take it for granted.

Audio wise, its a long story, ill try make it shor. i worked at oxford car audio "part time", and despite engines and race cars being my life long passion, working their i lost sight of what it is i realy want from a car, from my car, fixated on the "Scene" and static stance shows, a scene now dominated by rich kids showing of their wealth, or companies trying to make you spend money, the definition of a show car being solely revolved around who's arse you kiss, what air install you run, and how much money you spent on your wheels. I booked it in many moons ago for a simple install, once the install day came about and work got underway i soon got lost and caught up in the wild and wacky ideas from the install team at my old shop, loosing sight of my original ideas and end result, i wanted a build to compliment my car, they wanted a car to compliment their build. dont get me wrong, it looked the absolute nuts, but the amount it weighed, i maintained throughout the entire build i need it light and simple, as you can see it was none of these things. I took it to E38 once it was all finished, had it on the Oxford Car Audio show stand then spent the weekend stood next to it parked in a field, it dawned on me, this entire weekend, i had about 4 people actually come and acknowledge me and the car, and these people where middle aged PROPER car enthusiasts, and they didnt even notice the build, only the car and its engine bay. It brought it all home, what am i doing? Ive spent in excess of 20k on this car, and for what? it to be sat in a field/ car park and be ignored because in the opinions of the people im surrounded by air ride and wheels is literally all that matters?

That was it, the moment i woke up to it all, my cars a f ucking monster, and from full poly bush kit, to Vibra technics engine mounts, to sub frame replacements to entire engine rebuilds the list goes on and on everything about the car is orientated around how it drives, and my god does it drive. so i stuck more weight in it. WHY? what was a i thinking. the rapid savage speed it once had, it just felt sluggish, i mean im 18 stone alone, let alone with all that in.

So current day, ive stripped it all out, and im making it into a crazy savage track/road car for the enjoyment of the person sat in the drivers seat and that alone.

Sorry for the life story, but its not something i could explain in a short sentence haha.

Edited by EJ Taylor

Mate, me and jamie have been saying exactly what your thinking about the 'scene' for a while now.....spot on

Mate, me and jamie have been saying exactly what your thinking about the 'scene' for a while now.....spot on

Your alive, been wondering where you got too!

Yes, where the German scene is concerned its been completely dominated by b ell ends. No longer longer enthusiasts, just the latest cat walk for the rich people and big shots to show how much better they are than you. says it all when you see a car like mine being ignored then some 17 year old with dads wallet winning best car in show with a standard lupo on air ride and 10k split rims.

dont apologise, iv been glued to this thread so i was keen to know how it really was.

your totally right, for most of the people now it's about the stamp on the parts or the company's signature on the build

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Ive done a few things to my previous cars and Ive come back to the conclusion that a mildy tweaked car is best of all. Id just put base interior back in have a good seat if your doing a lot of track days. If you go full on stripped, harness etc etc you may go to far in that direction and not use it as it is to loud, you cant get folks in the back etc etc

If you mildy tweak it then It allows you to do everything and you have with no excuse to not use it.

Must admit I always though the std front seats were good enough on track anyway.

Ive done a few things to my previous cars and Ive come back to the conclusion that a mildy tweaked car is best of all. Id just put base interior back in have a good seat if your doing a lot of track days. If you go full on stripped, harness etc etc you may go to far in that direction and not use it as it is to loud, you cant get folks in the back etc etc

If you mildy tweak it then It allows you to do everything and you have with no excuse to not use it.

Must admit I always though the std front seats were good enough on track anyway.

ive come way to far for that now, the rear cage especially means you could only get the seats back in if you cut the mounts out, tbh though, i always thought the corrado should be a 2 seater. Ive had the back seats out since just after the first year of owning it :p. Also i have already got recaro speeds to fit in, and TRS superlite harnesses on order to bring off the rear cage strut. noise! that is an issue though, not because its too loud for me, but will be too loud for most tracks i think. Any suggestions? haha

Edited by EJ Taylor

Just got a quote from Adrian Flux, modified policy, all mods declared car insured for 6k and agree value covered on all mods as well, and insurance on all my spare parts. £490 all in, with key cover etc, full works. Could not be happier!

Wow that's crazy GOOD. Noice!

Well happy with it, now just to get all the shopping list done and fitted taxed and mot'd and we will be awaaaaaay

Literally just arrived. e72d2129a828284e6368542c4a0ad104.jpg48f88576238473932c8f58c83f1740e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Next on the parts to fit pile.

Big thanks to clumpy for these.

5141787be128ac74df8f6ed85d5e5bb5.jpg

Then Got these to accompany the set up.

712e0772816c742abed915e030a39b28.jpg

Now waiting on parts from Schimmel Motorsport.

Np bud you'll like the bite of them

Np bud you'll like the bite of them

ABS is coming out aswell, so will be fun getting used to the limits of traction along side the R888,s and Quaife LSD

ABS is coming out aswell, so will be fun getting used to the limits of traction along side the R888,s and Quaife LSD

Mine is non abs and with the peloquin diff was immense you will enjoy it

Ooooof R888s you beast!

Is there anything better than car parts?

Car parts with free Haribo, that's the only thing i've found so far.