Sign in to follow this  
petervr6

top speed prob?

Whats the top speed any of the G60 guys have had. I got to 125 (indicated) and the car felt so light I backed of. I'm guessing the VR's having a bit more weight up front works in your favour at that point of i could be talking crap.

I suspect you've a problem then... Any car with well setup suspension/wheels/tyres will be nice and stable at speed, that shouldn't be the limiting factor.. :(

Start with tyre pressures, wheel bolts, wheel balancing, tracking and work up from there!

I suspect you've a problem then... Any car with well setup suspension/wheels/tyres will be nice and stable at speed, that shouldn't be the limiting factor.. :(

Start with tyre pressures, wheel bolts, wheel balancing, tracking and work up from there!

Aye....seconded.

My VR was as stable at 146 (indicated) as it is at 80.

K

Whats the top speed any of the G60 guys have had. I got to 125 (indicated) and the car felt so light I backed of. I'm guessing the VR's having a bit more weight up front works in your favour at that point of i could be talking crap.

140 and still felt like there was more to come! - car felt fine, was heading in a perfect straight line, just alot of wind noise!!

had four wheel alignment done and not much adjustment needed. could have been tyers I guess ( where the originals at the time) all bolts where secure. suspesion is all original and just been thru full vw service and inspection.

Think i'll try again :)

it felt like it had a lot more to go 8)

thanks for the prompt responce

i've had an indicated 145 in my g60. got a bit scared and pulled back. but it was going up slowly.at about 6000 rpm

I've had 152mph in a vr with decat exhaust and air filter on a dead flat, gets up there no probs at all does about 145 in 4th in the blood though.

does about 145 in 4th in the blood though.

Eh?

in the blood = red line zone...

you crazy lot i got 136mph on the new m6 toll road that cuts through Birmingham (No cams!) and sh1t myself! think i'll stick to Sunday drving much more sensible...

Somewhere between 135-140, didn't pay too much attention to the speedo as I was trying to stay on the road. Car definitely had power left but I daren't use it (not on the M1 anyway).

"I've had 152mph in a vr with decat exhaust and air filter on a dead flat, gets up there no probs at all does about 145 in 4th in the blood though. "145 in 4th gear??????? That seems pretty quick. I thought the VR was geared for 132 in 4th, and thats at 6900rpm!!!! I'm surprised your engine didn't blow out of the bonnet!!!!

"I've had 152mph in a vr with decat exhaust and air filter on a dead flat, gets up there no probs at all does about 145 in 4th in the blood though. "145 in 4th gear??????? That seems pretty quick. I thought the VR was geared for 132 in 4th, and thats at 6900rpm!!!! I'm surprised your engine didn't blow out of the bonnet!!!!

Yeah I wasn't going to say anything about that but you're right, no way a VR would do 145 (genuine mph) in 4th - using standard ratios.

well not sure of exact speed as i dont own a vr6 but i remember it was very quick and we hit the limiter, he thought he was in 5th. Got a picture of 152 i couldnt actually take a decent picture as it was with my phone with interior light on whilst trying to take a small bend that felt like a right angle at that speed.

When the car is back on the road we will get some video footage with my gps to proove acuracy of the speed as it seams about 1mph faster at 130

When the car is back on the road we will get some video footage with my gps to proove acuracy of the speed as it seams about 1mph faster at 130

1 mph faster ehh :lol: :lol:

My VR6 was reading 155 belive it or not, nearly flat out with slightly more room for adjustments in the rev area. It was defo faster than 140. i Know it propberly wasen't 155 as there is a slight difftence throught the spedo cable supprised it dident fly off!, look out south east.

VR6 dosent seem to want to give in animal is one word i use for mine...

I guess i will need a new speedo when my turbo is finaly fitted to my other corrado VR6, i will have to " sit down shut up and belt up for sure "!!!

My VR6 was reading 155 belive it or not, nearly flat out with slightly more room for adjustments in the rev area. It was defo faster than 140. i Know it propberly wasen't 155 as there is a slight difftence throught the spedo cable supprised it dident fly off!, look out south east.

VR6 dosent seem to want to give in animal is one word i use for mine...

Yeah the VR comes into it's own at motorway speeds. What it lacks in the bottom end (or feels like it lacks) it more than makes up for on the open roads. What ever people's opinions of the VR6 are, on paper and on the road it is one quick car.

Corrados have a electronic speedos by the way, no cables in sight!

just been on a round trip to guildford (31mpg 8) ) anyway.... speedo reading 100mph, satnav bang on 90mph. theres your 10% difference.

that was as fast as i could go though...traffic and speed camera warnings scuppered any other efforts

just been on a round trip to guildford (31mpg 8) ) anyway.... speedo reading 100mph, satnav bang on 90mph. theres your 10% difference.

Is your speedo 10% out at all speeds then?

If the spindle speed is directly related to the mileage counter, then for every 1000 miles you do, your speedo will record 1100..... :?