P3rks

VR6 Oil Catch Tank - Show me yours

I'm looking at fitting a oil catch tank as my inlet pressure valve is leaking.. It's £40 for a new valve (ford item) so I'd rather pay a little more and get a catch tank.

I'd just like to see yours for inspiration please!

Do you mean the crankcase breather valve? The black one on the LHS of the engine? You could just use a piece of tube instead.

As the name suggests its catches the oil fumes rather than venting them to atmosphere which can smell bad, is not the safest and I think is illegal if the vents in the engine bay.

what are the benefits of a catch tank?

Vent the dirty oil vapours into a can you can empty rather than your engine breathing it in n out n clogging **** up

oil vapours will never clog the engine up. They will get burnt off by the engine in a fraction of a second.

I'd be tempted to reroute back into the cam cover tbh. Helps keep the emissions down.

Throttle Bodies and ISVs get pretty filthy. Engine components might have been a more fitting use of words

Rerouting back into the cam covers a good idea but would be difficult to work out alittle system which can still vent

Just to bump this old thread of mine..

I still have no idea where to mount an oil catch tank.. Can anyone advise? :thumbleft: