Portent

A piece of Brooklands iconic track

Following on from the thread in the Events forum about the CCGB National Day 2012 being held at Brooklands, I thought I'd gauge interest in a group buy of a piece of the world famous Brooklands track:

http://www.bankingonbrooklands.org.uk/track.html

To raise funds and continue with maintaining the track and museum Brooklands offer the chance to sponsor a square yard of track on the remaining bank. Prices depend on the location of the sponsored yard but are £90, £125 or £150. In return the sponsor gets their name on the Brooklands website as the 'owner' of that piece of track. As far as I'm aware there are no other perks of doing this so please don't expect free entry or such like.

In the current economic climate I suspect it is too much money for most people to simply buy a sqaure on their own. But I wondered whether there would be any interest in a group buy; e.g. a number of us get together and put in £10 each. We then buy a square under the name of either the Corrado Forum, CCGB or both (opinions welcome on this part - I assume most people would want it in the name of the Corrado Forum unless CCGB donated towards it?).

Why Do This?

1) It supports some British motor sport heritage.

2) It promotes the Corrado name.

3) Some of us may have considered it in the past but not been willing to spend £90 to £150.

So what do people think? Is there any interest?

I'd be willing to put a tenner into this - as you say good advertising for the Corrado and definately a good thing to preserve some of our motoring heritage.

Great stuff. It looks like there is enough interest to buy a square (the cheapest square is actually £95 but I'll bung in the extra fiver if necessary). I've just dropped an email to Brooklands to check we can get a "team name" on there instead of mine. Once they have done that then I'll start a proper group buy thread.

For now I'm assuming it's a Corrado Forum group buy so that name would appear on the square but I'll drop one of the CCGB people an email to see if they want to be involved and do a combined name.

Also, out of courtesy I think I should check with whoever actually owns The-Corrado.net as I don't want to step on any toes if I'm using the forum name. Any idea who should I check this with?

Please keep the replies coming as it gives me an idea of who is interested and I can ping them with a PM to confirm interest once I start the proper group buy thread. If we get enough interest then we can either buy a more expensive yard (the ones higher up the bank cost £150) or buy more than one yard. It depends on how many people are interested.

nice one might be an idea to either contact VR6 or Andi about the forum domain name

Theres a really nice hotel next to Merc world for people who are miles away. its a bit on the expensive side tho as its a 5 star.

Its called Brooklands Hotel and its got motorsport and aviation themes throughout - Very nice place to stay

Go to Section 10, then go to the very top row, then go to the middle square... Hello Mr Clarkson!!

A Certain Mr Needel is there next to him!

And then a few sections on along the top row is Mr May!! :)

Edited by jamie_300