Portent

Spark plug lead removal tool - and - plug remover

I'm looking for suggestions on where to get a plug lead removal tool (apart from ebay). Also is the best spark plug remover the Halfords magnetic one (and which size)?

Thanks.

Isn't the Hazet tool still one of the best plug tools you can get for the job? Or am I showing my age - is there some sort of digital, high-def, alternative now??

You can get them from VAG, Hazet or Matra - try ww.dieselkontor.de as well - great source for OEM special tools

The one I like is hard metail that won't bend and twist, and it has a plastic grip on the top.

The Halfords plug remover Worked fine for me & did the job nicely. There were only two sizes when i bought mine & i went for the larger size (16mm is im my head). I'll have a route around in my boot & let you know with in the hour.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Just measured it & it seems to be 17mm socket with a 250mm body hope this helps you out.

I know you said not an ebay one but how about this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190514479332?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

The guy is moving premises but will be back in business at the end of January. It's a metal one rather than the plastic ones you usually get on ebay. I'm holding out for him moving in to his new place.